- julienmeryAsked on February 26, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Can I have a check box with multiple selections trigger multiple submission in order to generate multiple submission lines in the google spreadsheet, each with only one of the selected options showing?
This is a re-post of a comment on Google Docs Integration: Send Responses to Google Spreadsheets. Instantly.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 09:21 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to achieve.
Once a form is integrated with google spreadsheet, every form submission will only create a one single row in spreadsheet which can be uniquely identified by a submission id. Every time submit button of your form is clicked, it will trigger only one submission row to be inserted and there is no way currently to send submissions in multiple row.
Hope that helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- julienmeryAnswered on February 27, 2014 at 04:52 PM
Thank you very much for your reply.
All the best,
- L1HAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM
... it's great that you replied to this but it was not very helpful.
I understand the technical limitations - but we don't use forms for technological purity, we use them for a real-life purpose. Could you tell us a way to separate these entries or to at least be able to filter them?
The feature is great but it is diminished somewhat in its functionality if one type of question cannot be analyzed afterwards.
Thank you very much already,
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM
You seems to have a separate requirement. Could you tell us a way to separate these entries or to at least be able to filter them?
I would suggest you to please explain your requirement a bit more in detail and we will take a look.
We will wait for your response.
- L1HAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Of course! It's great you get back to me so quickly.If a user fills out a check box question with more than one answer, all of the checked answers are grouped into the same cell in the submissions spreadsheet. That way, it is impossible to filter the submissions after individual entries for the check box question - only for that exact subset.
User A checks option 1 out of 7 possible choices. This choice shows up in the submissions as "1" in that cell.
User B checks options 1, 2 and 4 out of 7 possible options.
The submissions spreadsheet lists these choices as
all in the same cell, with page breaks.
If you wish to filter after users who have picked "1", you will only find User A. User B only shows in this filter if you filter after all users who picked 1, 2 and 4.
My wish is either a possibility to filter these multiple choices after individual items - or a workaround for this.
Thank you very much!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM
As this question is on a different topic, I have moved your question to a new thread. We cannot answer multiple questions in one thread and you will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/429051
- TomAnswered on July 31, 2016 at 04:23 PMI have a similar issue. I have a scholarship application form with 20 scholarships. Students choose a scholarship and fill out personal data. I can allow them to check off multiple scholarships but their response shows up in one row and I cannot easily sort by scholarship. If I limit them to only one scholarship choice per form, they are forced to retype all their personal information for every scholarship application. Can this be avoided?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 31, 2016 at 06:04 PM
@Tom, your question will be addressed on the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/894779
- sachishahAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 06:03 PM
Hi Jotform Support!
I have a question you have answered before in this thread, but that was two years ago, so was wondering whether you have made any progress on this?
I am using the "multiselect grid" plugin, which allows me to choose multiple fields on the same row, however, it only allows me to do this once.
I want to send the same form to multiple people and have them answer the form, including being able to select a field someone else already has. Is this achievable?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 07:10 PM
@sachishah, your question will be addressed on the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/972790