- olhardecinemaAsked on February 26, 2014 at 06:26 PM
I'm trying to translate my form using the translation tool and some html field don't translate and I don't know why.
I save the translation and when I'll check in my form the text still in other language.
When I go back to the translation options I realize that the form doesn't saved my changes for these fields.
What shoul I do?
Other question, how can I give the options to my clients to choose the language? The conditions will work equaly?
- EliezerNAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 09:44 PM
I tried translating some HTML texts that were not translated and it correctly saved the translations. At the time of choosing the Portuguese language it correctly display the changes:
So, please make sure that you hitting every Save button while translating the form. But if the issue still persists, kindly try removing the unstranslated fields and readd them, then translate them and save the changes. That has worked in previous related issues.
The form will automatically display a language picker in the upper right corner of the form, there you can choose the language you wish to read the form on.
The conditions should not be affected at all by the Multilanguage feature.
Please inform us if you need further assistance with this inquiry.
- EliezerNAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 09:45 PM
I forgot to clarify that I made the changes in a cloned version of your form and not in yours.
Let us know if you need further help
- olhardecinemaAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 08:03 PM
Hello, my translation still not working and I have conditions saved before so If I delete and retranslate it I will lost my conditions and I really did a hard job on that, what should I do?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 19, 2014 at 02:48 AM
I believe, translating again will not have any impact on the conditions you have already added. Just to be on the safer side, you should clone your form and do the translation on the cloned form. If something goes wrong, you will have the original version intact.
Please be noted that we also have "Revision History" feature and you can revert your form to an earlier version. This guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/blog/95-Introducing-Form-Revisions-Never-Lose-Your-Work-Again-
- olhardecinemaAnswered on March 29, 2014 at 02:59 PM
Man, It doesn't work and I don't know anymore what to do, my deadline is coming and I need to find a soluction. My Headings are also doesn't working. Please help me as soon as possible, I'm getting in trouble with that a long time from now ! :(
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 29, 2014 at 08:30 PM
Perhaps it would help us provide more specific suggestion fi you can described to us more about the problem.
Is this the form involved http://www.jotform.com/32867463452966
If it is, you can try this method to figure out which field is failing on the translation.
1. Clone the form (guide: -How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account)
2. Use the cloned version on the next succeeding steps (at least you have a backup copy of original form)
3. On the current form, delete all the conditions. and delete also the translations.
4. The form should be now very basic without conditions and translations. Save the form.
5. Start using Translation tool again. This time, make sure to translate ONLY one TEXT(html) field.
6. Save the form and preview. Test the translation tool in preview mode if the TEXT field was translated correctly.
5. I understand it can be tedious, but it might be the only way for now to correct your form.
By doing this, you will be able to find out which TEXT(html) field is not translating properly. Please understand that we could not reproduce the issue on our end. BUT this maybe also due to differences in system setup(OS,browsers,even hardware)
My Headings are also doesn't working. Please help me as soon as possible
You did not mentioned specifically what is wrong with the Headings. Please elaborate more and we will check.