- NRCsupportAsked on February 27, 2014 at 06:01 PM
I had a calculated field in my form. Today I had to revert to a slightly earlier version, and that field changed from calculated to an ordinary field. When I tried to reinsert a calculated field I had various problems:-
1. When I make the field narrow I don't get the option to put the label on the left of the field. (I could do that previously)
2. I don't get the option to make the field read only (I think I could do so previously
3. I don't get the option to reduce the size of the field.
- CarinaAnswered on February 27, 2014 at 08:00 PM
I kindly ask you to provide us the form url so we can look further into this matter.
- NRCsupportAnswered on February 27, 2014 at 08:52 PM
This is the same form as in my other thread on problems with revision history. As I explained there, I have done away with the calculation for now - so it is not in the current form. If you can get to a version from over 24 hours ago, you should see a field labelled something like Total Cost. This was working fine (apart from already reported problem of not showing two decimal digits), but after restoring from older version today, it had become a plain field, and the above problems occurred when I tried to correct the situation.
The form link is http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40503979576971
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 02:40 AM
This issue I guess related to revision bug that was opened yesterday http://www.jotform.com/answers/339837-Revision-History-BUGs#2 I have updated the ticket and we'll have to wait from our dev's response about the issue.
Calculated field should remain as calculated field even when reverting back to an earlier version. Thank you for pointing this out to us you will be notified via the thread above for any updates.
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 02:52 AM
It could be because that the "Calculation Field" has already been moved to widget and when reverting changes it doesn't recognize the field anymore. No worries I have updated the ticket that you submitted so that our developer can look into it as well.
- NRCsupportAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 03:04 AM
Thanks very much.
Please note that at the top of this thread I reported other problems with the calculation widget, as well as the one to do with reverting to an old version of the form.
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 03:06 AM
Yes I have added that to the ticket that Carina has submitted to our dev team. Thank's for the headsup.