- gendersummitAsked on February 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1) For some reason, the integration doesn't submit the data to Freshbook. We unlinked, relinked, cloned form, went from testing mode on Strip to live, but nothing works. Any thoughts?
2) : once it DOES work, we really would like to transfer the 'VAT number' field of JotForm into the 'VAT number' field' in Freshbooks. How can we do this?
As always, thanks for your support.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 03:59 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences you are facing due to issues with Freshbooks integration.
I was able to reproduce the problem on a test form, so it seems that there is some conflict between Stripe and Freshbooks integrations. I have created a bug report ticket and escalated it to our Development Team for consideration. We can not provide any ETA, but we will let you know if we have any news.
In the meantime, you might try to use Stripe email receipts:
Note, according to Stripe, receipts are not sent for testmode charges.
I do not think that we support Freshbooks VAT fields, but there is a chance that the integration can be improved at some point. If you need this option, please create a separate request thread. This way we will be able to handle it.
- gendersummitAnswered on March 01, 2014 at 01:04 PM
Thank you for the fast reply.
- we are using the stripe mails, but they cannot generate a proper invoice with address, client details etc.
- will the freshbook integration work, if we are just creating clients (without the payment details)? Zapier provides a work-around however isn't satisfactory.
- can we use webhooks to programme it ourselves? Any tip where to start? We're paying for pro-accounts on both sides for the very reason of the integration.
We're now on live registrations and didn't test this long as it worked well with paypal before, so it's quite urgent for us to find a solution.
- KadeJMAnswered on March 01, 2014 at 05:28 PM
On behalf of my colleague Mike who had been helping you with this issue you are very welcome and also we do appreciate the further details you've mentioned as it is understandable that you wish this to work more fluid-like.
The FreshBooks Integration should work fine as a standalone but my colleague had opened up a ticket for your problem because of the fact of not being able to do so is technically a bug causing this not to work which is realistically a huge inconvienence to everyone. Our developers will see what we can accomplish to resolve this as soon as they can though it will take some time.
You can use webhooks to do various things mostly involved with notifications and data on our platform but you can also hook it up to work as a tether between two apps though the scripting for this would have to be built to run outside of jotform. Please see http://www.jotform.com/help/245-How-to-Setup-Webhook-with-JotForm for further details.
- gendersummitAnswered on March 12, 2014 at 04:53 AM
While we are delighted that you are working on this Issue "urgently", we have been waiting for a solution for over 2 weeks now. This is a key reason we're using jotform and we consider this part of the requirements. As you have not been able to come up with any solutions - or indeed suggestions for work-arounds - we are now forced to use zapier as a 3rd service. This incurs a monthly cost of $15 that we'll pass on to you until you have solved the issue. Please inform us how to send you this invoice and understand that a credit note will not be a viable option.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 07, 2014 at 04:50 PM
Sorry for the delayed ersponse, but it seems that this problem seems to no longer exist. I have made multiple tests on a clone of your form, and the fields that were mapped are sent to Freshbooks without problems.
Can you please give it a go and let us know if you're still having issues?