- managementofchangeAsked on July 14, 2011 at 05:31 AM
1) The Scale Rating is not working properly
2)The Grade is not working properly
3)The spinner is not working properly
See the form in which I explain the errors: http://www.jotform.com/?formID=11945305180
I need them correct working!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 14, 2011 at 08:10 AM
After cloning that form and running some tests, I have some questions:
Re: The Scale Rating
When you state that the values are not shown anymore when editing the form, to what exactly are you referring? Was there previously a Default Value button that no longer exists? When I adjusted the Scale Amount to various values, it was updated in both the form builder/editor and at the form's address okay:
Re: The Grade
What values are lost? Again, when I changed the labels of the text boxes, they updated okay in both the form builder/editor and at the form's address. Moreover, editing the total was no problem.
What data is lost? Submission data? Certainly not according to the submission records of that form.
I did however experience the same errors you did with the Spinner:
1. Even though the form builder correctly showed the default value as "0", "3" was displayed on the live form
2. The arrows are not working in all of my browsers, except Opera (Version 11.5) which adds a second column of arrows that work! Weirdness:
3. Values outside of the range are allowed.
Something else I noticed was that in spite of Negatives being enabled (set to "On") the word "False" shows up when a negative value is entered as the minimum value and then the Min Value button is clicked again:
Before submitting tickets on these issues, I would like clarification on what is happening on your end regarding the Scale Rating and Grade fields.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 14, 2011 at 08:18 AM
I think Bert is trying to set default values for the Scale rating and Grading fields by entering the values inside the Form Builder itself. When he saves the form, the entered and selected (for scale rating) values are still displayed but when he opens and edits the form in a different time, the values are gone.
The reason for that is because these fields cannot have default values. Clicking and typing on the fields won't set default values for them.
I believe the more valid concern is with the Spinners, which does not accept negative numbers for Min Value. Negative values are converted to 'false', just like what my colleague, Wayne, has found out. This causes the spinner field to not work properly.