- Paris HartAsked on July 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Hello - I'm unable to create a new account. It will not allow me to enter a user name.Page URL:
- allanftdAnswered on July 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Welcome to JotForm and we apologize for the inconvenience. May we ask which username are you trying to use? Please ensure that it is not yet in use (an automatic system message will tell you this) and another user suggested that you may also try pressing the ALT key while typing your preferred username in the signup page. You may also try another web browser and let us know how it goes.
We shall await your response so that we can assist your further. Thank you for your patience and we hope you enjoy your upcoming JotForm account!
- sarahAnswered on July 15, 2011 at 09:52 AM
Hi Jotform support,
I am having the same issue as Paris. The site will allow me to type in the other 3 fields when creating an account, but will not allow me to type anything into the username field, and it will nto allow me to progress without it. I tried using hte alt key but that did not work. I can no open it in another browser bc I trhen cant get to my form....please assist.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 16, 2011 at 01:54 AM
This is a known bug with our registration page when browsed using IE. Please use another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to be able to register. We apologize for this inconvenience but we can assure you that our developers are currently working on this issue.
If using another browser is not an option for you, try this simple workaround:
1. Type your desired username in any program where it's possible to type (you can even use the textarea for this forum)
2. Highlight the username you just typed, right-click then Copy
3. Paste the copied username onto the username field in the registration page.
Now, you're on your way to having a Jotform account.
Hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else you require assistance with.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Thank you for informing about this IE8 bug. We have now fixed it. Please go to the registration form again and do a shift+refresh to clear your browser cache and then try it again. It should now work.