- visualartsmnAsked on July 14, 2011 at 05:11 PM
I tried to submit a form from our website and it didn't complete, saying it was a duplicate. Yet it is not. It says:
Sorry! Only one entry is allowed.Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 14, 2011 at 06:28 PM
That form is configured to loosely check unique submissions.
This means that the form looks at the browser's cookies to check if the user has already submitted an entry. Using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, or resetting the browser you are using now will bypass this check.
If you intended this form to act this way and accept only a single submission from a visitor, then keep this settings intact and just do the wokaround I provide above to exclude yourself from the check (for testing purposes)
I hope this information sounds useful to you. Let us know if you require assistance with some other things related to Jotform.
- bragaruAnswered on December 12, 2011 at 07:15 AM
Is there a way to change the "Multiple submissions are disabled for this form" message?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 12, 2011 at 08:38 AM
Hello bragaru. At this moment, this feature is not yet available. But this indeed is a good feature to be included. So may I request from you to start a new topic so that I can make a feature request to our development team? It's because the topic on this thread is not quite relevant to the request that you are asking.
We will look forward to your post.
- wittAnswered on May 15, 2013 at 05:05 AM
Is this possible to change the "Multiple submissions are disabled for this form" now?
- rodmazzoAnswered on October 21, 2013 at 02:23 PM
- YumisAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 07:02 AM
Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
what to do?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 08:39 AM
This is an old thread. If you have a concern about your form, please feel free to open your own thread here.