- NoitidartAsked on March 04, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I made a github page so i don't have any access to server side scripting. Does your contact form service allow me to ajax the form details to your service and it will email me?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on March 04, 2014 at 03:23 PM
JotForm API supports JSONP requests, so I think that using our API you'll to get form submissions data using AJAX
Please check our API documentation and if you need further help let us know
- NoitidartAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 05:00 AMOh superb I'll check it out! Does the service actually email me or just
stored on your site database?
- NoitidartAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 05:00 AMOh never mind, then people who use my contact from have to sign up for
jotform huh? :(
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 05:53 AM
1. Yes, you should get email notifications. Make sure you have correct email recipients on your form notifications. Check this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/41-Finding-out-E-mail-Address-used-for-submission-notifications
2. No, people who use your contact form are NOT required to signup. They can fill and submit your form directly on their browser.
Hope this information helps. Cheers!
- NoitidartAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 06:00 AMHi there what's an email notification? I want the users text he typed in
the form, not notification. So when it comes to my inbox I can just click
reply from there right away. :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 07:31 AM
Notification Email is the email you receive when someone fills out your form. Notification Email has two versions which is the HTML Mode and Text Mode. If you want to receive the email as a "text", choose the Text Mode
Click "Use Text E-Mail" button to switch to Text Mode while creating your notification email settings:
Let us know if you need any further assistance using this function.
- NoitidartAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 07:40 AMOk thanks Ill check it out, it doesnt sound like notifcation is what I want
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Actually all you want to know is how to get the submitted data using AJAX. Like I said above, you must revise our API documentation in order to make it to work
However, if all that you need is to show submission data that were sent by your users in your webpage, you can also embed a grid or table report
- NoitidartAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 01:10 PMNo I don't need to show a grid at all lol they are personal messages being
sent to me, but I appreciate your time very much to answer this! :)