- musicalbeginningsAsked on March 05, 2014 at 12:21 PM
I am setting up installment payments / "Subscriptions" on a JotForm with the Paypal Payment Wizard. I have three questions:
1. Can you explain what the Trial Period is?
2. Can you explain what "Selected by Default" is for?
3. Is it possible to select a date for the start of the installment/subscription payments?
- EliezerNAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 02:01 PM
1. The trial period is a timeframe that you give your users to use your service without being charged and in that way your user can get to know your service better for free, after that timeframe, they will start being charged.
2. The "Selected by default" function will make such subscription/product or item to be selected with no need from the user/buyer to select it. Here is how it works:
3. I think that the Trial Period function is what you need for this point. That way you can set certain time before the user will start being charged.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you still need assistance with this inquiry.
- musicalbeginningsAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 02:21 PM
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I would have to change the Trial Period time frame every month. I would much prefer to set a particular date. Is this possible? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 05, 2014 at 03:36 PM
Unfortunately, it is not.
The presumption with selling subscriptions is the inability to decide when the user will sign up, unless there is a workflow you have in mind that we have not considered.
Please share with us how you would like things to work - we might consider a workaround for you.
- musicalbeginningsAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Thank you so much for your help! I am creating online registration forms for a music school. The director would prefer that payments begin in August. If this is possible, please let me know. Thanks again!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 06, 2014 at 02:52 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
I've considered the solution you asked, and yes, you would need a specific start date for subscriptions.
I've sent a note to our developers to consider this, and we will get back to you by updating this thread.
Thank you for your patience.