- Eighty percent of the time, JotForm doesn't keep me logged in. Once I give a command (i.e. click on 'My Forms') after logging in, I'm logged out again. When I log in, my forms are listed in the bottom right, but I don't get a response when I click on them. If I click on 'My Forms' at the top, I am told I don't have any forms. I'm using Windows 7. This has been a problem for me ever since your new JotForm format. I'm looking for help in alleviating this problem.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 05, 2010 at 10:42 AM1. Are you sure your cookies are enabled? 2. Are you using an proxy based ISP such as AOL that keeps changing your IP address on every request?Please email us with as much information as possible.
- tmiAnswered on August 19, 2011 at 03:28 AM
Good that I stumbled upon this question. I have been bogged down by this issue for almost a month now. Answer to your question:
1. The cookies are enabled.
2. We use a load balancer and based on traffic, it keeps changing the IP. This has been in use for many years now, but, this "getting logged out" problem has cropped up in the last 45 days or so.
Help. My wishes to your team.
- allanftdAnswered on August 19, 2011 at 04:56 AM
This is interesting. May we ask which web browser version are you using? What was the result when you tried using other browsers? Please let us know so that we can further assist you.
Thank you for your patience and of rusing JotForm!
- Rajesh KumarAnswered on August 19, 2011 at 09:31 AM
Thank you for the quick response-as usual. I use the latest version of Firefox (currently 6.0). I have not checked logging in with other browsers since I still believe that the problem might be local and not at your end. Had it been at your end, the forums would have been flooded. Our IT team is also trying to figure out why this is happening.
Just a thought... when we log into Jotform, the lightbox loads (with the video window). I generally do not wait for the light box to load and refresh the page immediately so that the lightboax disappears (else, at times the lightbox acts cranky and does not go away :). Will this cause the logging out issue?
I am also trying to figure out other possible reasons. Does it have to do anything with the proxy cache? What happens is that once I get logged out, if U do a Cntrl+F5 the session is sometimes retireved. I am yet to see a predictable method in this madness.
Will keep you updated. You folks are the best in the form world. Happy to be associated.
- allanftdAnswered on August 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM
You're correct, this is our first time in a long while that we received a logging in issue. I understand how frustrating and annoying it is to have such a problem. Apart from using another web browser, maybe you can also reinstall Firefox if that is possible so that you can have a fresh start.
Regarding the lightbox video issue, I guess this is more linked to the page loading speed. The page needs to load completely first (including the lightbox) before you can close the video lightbox. If your internet connection fluctuates or is a little slower, it will take a longer time before you can close it.
We hope you somewhat find value from our tips and advice. Please update us with your own findings and let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you once again for your patience on this matter.