- pamdsAsked on March 11, 2014 at 08:12 AM
I would like to put a question:
- Is there a way when a choose a text value in a dropdown box (like a destiny to a transfer), a calculated fied show me the cost associated with the choosed destiny in the dropdown box?
Thanks in advance...
- pinoytechAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Yes, that is possible and it seems like you already manage to do that calculation in your form upon checking it. Here's what I see: http://www.screencast.com/t/PjQuMpW9LCJJ
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again at anytime.
- pamdsAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Thanks for beeing so fast in answer... Yes that's true that i managed to get there but... Is there a way to hide the values in € showing only the places in the dropdown box, not to be visible?
- pinoytechAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by hide the values. Can you please take a look at this clone form if this is what you want to achieve?
Here are the simple steps you need to do in your form.
For Destino field:
For Passageiros field:
For Calculation field:
Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Do you mean that you want the currency to be shown in the Total box instead of the Destino box?
- pamdsAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Yes that's it... I wanted that in the Destino box only appeared text like: "tavira", "monte gordo", "cabanas". And in Total box i wanted the total amount in €.
Ex. If i choose tavira destiny with 2 passengers, the total would show 24€.
Clear now? I hope so. Can i achieve this?
Thanks for the support.
- EliezerNAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
The Price and currency cannot be hidden from dropdowns, but you can hide them from Radio buttons and checkboxes. And you cannot include the symbol in the Calculation/total field because it will break the calculation. So, what you can do is to add the symbol to the total field label.
So, your form wouyld look like this: http://form.jotform.co/form/40694431775865
This is what I did:
1. Once I replaced the "Destino" dropdown field by a Radio buttons and updated the fields in the calculation wizard, I enclosed the prices between the tags <i> and </i>, that makes the text style cursive.
2. Then, I injected this CSS code to the form to hide the prices:
3. Then add the currency symbol to total label.
Here is a video where you can see the steps I followed:
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you still need further assistance with this inquiry.
- pamdsAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I understand that it could be a solution. But the problem is that the number of total destiny's will be around 20... So, with this new solution i would have around 20 radio buttons... That's the reason i wanted to do with a dropdown box...
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 03:20 PM
Hi again Paulo,
I don't think it's possible to do this in the form builder. So, you would have to get the full source of the form and embed it into a web page along with a script. That's what I did here. The script can be seen at the bottom of the page's source, just before it's closing body tag.
Is that the sort of functionality you wish to have in your own form?
- pamdsAnswered on March 12, 2014 at 05:01 PM
I've seen your script and it's exactly this that i wanted!
Manny thanks for the support all of you have been great!
Thanks again and my best regard's for all of you...
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 12, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Hi glad we could help, Paulo :)
If you need further help with this please let us know.