JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Revisions History: Issues with some of the fieldsAsked by NRCsupport on March 13, 2014 at 06:27 PM
1. Calculation widget loses its formula on reverting to old version. Very annoying
2. On a multipage form (which should have a back button at the end), also gets a NEXT button on last page
3. Other faults still outstanding. Shrunken fields going back to full width is very annoying.
4. I am almost sure that a date/time single widget disappeared when reverting to previous version. It certainly disappeared somewhere, and I don't think I deleted it.
Has this thread been noticed? It doesn't usually go this long with no response whatever.
We are truly sorry for the latency. We will check all of these and get back to you with our findings.
Thank you so much for your tireless help and support!
Thanks. Please don't forget my earlier list of "Revision History Bugs" as well.
All are noted. We'll update you here for our progress. Thank you.
Here's my finding so far after a few hours of investigating the problem.
1. There is indeed a problem with calculation that loses its formula on revert. I will add this on the ticket.
2. So far, I can't seem to reproduced this. I'm unable to see next button in the last page of the form on edit and live preview for forms with page break elements. I even tried setting its visibility to show manually and it remains hidden as expected.
3. You're right. This happens during my test as well. This is noted.
4. This might be related to the widget issues you've recently reported. I will add this as well.
Thank you so much again for your continued and tireless help. That's greatly appreciated.
You will be informed here for any updates. Regards!
Thanks very much, and thanks for your kind words. I am very grateful for all that you and your colleagues do. You are the first serious software organisation i've come across who even respond to user feedback, let alone do something about it amazingly quickly. Keep up the good work
I think that I've run number 2 to earth. My form has some hidden fields at the end after the last pagebreak bar. Because restoring the old version (wrongly) makes these fields visible, it presumably (quite reasonably) decides that the Next button should be visible.
Our next level support has been informed about these issues. Once they fix the bug, you will be updated via this thread.
Your patience is highly appreciated
I have increased the priority of this ticket and the previous ticket. We will look into them. Thanks for your patience.
Chief Technology Officer
All these problems should be fixed now,
Thank you for your patience,
Thank you very much. I shall look carefully next time I have to revert to an older version.
That is a big improvement, thank you very much. But I have spotted one problem still present in reverting to an earlier version.
The problem occurs with a shrunken field where the "move to a new line" option has been used. The shrinking is now preserved, but the "move to a new line" is lost.
An example is http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40503979576971. On the third page there are three shrunken fields on one line (number of places, price each and total cost), followed by pairs of fields, one pair per line (place 1 name, choose meal, etc).
When setting all these fields as shrunken, the place 1 name field appears about a third of the way across a line. (I think it is to do with the label for Number of places, which spreads vetically.) So I correct this problem using "move to a new line" on the "place 1 name" field. But if I revert to an earlier version, that field reverts to its odd position and I have to apply "move to a new line" again.
Thanks again. That is highly appreciated.
Just had another occurrence of a "next" button appearing on the last page of the form. I am almost sure that it occurred when reverting to an older version.
Would you mind providing the form URL with the "NEXT" button that appears on the live view so we can inspect it here? I couldn't seem to reproduced this problem when previewing the form live. Thanks in advance.
The url is http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40503979576971
Several times shortly after reverting to a previous version, I have found a NEXT button on the last page. I have always deleted it as soon as I've spotted it, so you probably won't find it on anything in my account now.
Try restoring and go to the page break bar at the end of the last page, and look at the Next button visibility.
I checked the form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/40503979576971 and cloned it to test the revision.
I was able to reproduce the Next button appearing on the last page of the form.
It is possible that the issue is being caused by the injected CSS code on the form that affect the page break field. http://pastie.org/8954993
Checking the form without the CSS code for the page break field, I was able to properly view that there is indeed a page break field at the very bottom of the form.
This is the Next button you are seeing beside the Submit button
Removing the last page break field should make the Next button at the Submit page go away.
And using the Revision feature does not produce the issue when the CSS code are removed
I was able to workaround this using the ff: steps
1. Backup copy the CSS code
2. Removed the Page break code in the CSS code
3. I was able to properly view the very last page break field. Deleted/removed the very last page break field.
4. Save the form
5. Injected again the backup copy of CSS code http://pastie.org/8954993 to the form to restore the preferred stylesheet.
6. This method removed the unecesary Next button at the submit page. Here is a test form http://form.jotform.me/form/40787516322456?
I am not able to submit a ticket about this issue since the Revision history works just fine on page break field. I am assuming thought that it is just a conflict between the feature and the CSS code injected on the form.
Hope this help. Kindly revert if there is more we can assist you with.