- NRCsupportAsked on March 16, 2014 at 02:34 PM
I have a form which should not send any emails on submission. I made a small change to the form, and it started sending notification emails without me having asked it to. I agree that it is unusual to do away with notifucation emails. But it is annoying for them to get reintroduced automatically.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 03:08 PM
What is the form URL in question? Please let us know, and we'll check it for you. Furthermore, you can delete a notification by following this guide: How to Delete Notifications/Autoresponder.
- NRCsupportAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 04:51 PMThe form is 40425935500347. But to use it you need to go into form 40503979576971 first.Complete an entry in 4...6971 and submit it. Form 404...0347 is the thankyou page for the other one.Near the top of ...0347 is a button to click if you want to edit the entry to ...6971. This is actually a renamed submit button, and the thankyou url is setup to go back into the other form and edit it. I do not need or want any record of that "dummy" submission.I know how to delete the notification email, and had already done it. But today after making a small change in ...0347 it started delivering a notification email again, so I've had to delete it again. But why did it restart? It looks like some sort of bug.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
Do you mean to say that you deleted the notification email alert but it reappeared again? Upon checking your form #40425935500347, I did not find any email alert added there.
I did try to delete the notification alert in one of my own form and it did not reappear again. Are you sure it was deleted successfully or did you press browser back button after deleting the email alert? I will monitor this for a while and you also get back to us if this happens again and we will take a look.
- NRCsupportAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 04:06 AM
Yes, I removed the notification email as soon as I created this form, and it did work as I expected. Yesterday I made a small change to the form. (I inserted two lines of ----------- to break up the layout into three separate sections). When I tested it after making the change it started sending confirmation emails. I removed this as soon as I spotted it (which is why it is not there now).
I am quite sure that it was deleted successfully initially as I (correctly) did not get emails from it. When I made my small changes yesterday I never even opened the emails part of the form builder. I am sure that I did not do anything that should have re-enabled the email.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 09:11 AM
I am not sure what caused the notification email to be added automatically.
Let us monitor and if this happens again and we will report this to our back end team.
- NRCsupportAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 10:16 AM
If it happens again I'll add to this thread. I'll tryto remember exactly what sequence of operations I use. But it is not always to remember, particularly if one only notices the problem later.
- CarinaAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM
We'll wait for your update on this issue to report it if necessary.