- schaefer76Asked on March 17, 2014 at 04:39 PM
Is there a way to auto populate a form from these spreadsheets? For example, I want to use the drop-down to select a customer that I would have in the spreadsheet. Then I would like the other fields to be auto populated with what is in the spreadsheet. Is this possible? Or a another way of doing this? Thanks
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Integrate Form with Google Spreadsheet
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 07:05 PM
The only way I can think of this happening is if you create a script from the Google spreadsheet that makes all the customer's links - that when clicked, they open a form, and prevills the customer's information- Does this sound workable?
Let me know, and I will whip up a demo for you.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 17, 2014 at 07:37 PM
Here's the demo as promised, just click on the Created link as shown:
Let us know.
- schaefer76Answered on March 18, 2014 at 08:54 AM
TitusN, I think this is what I need. Thanks for your help on this. Ideally, it would be nice not have to go to the actual spreadsheet to do this, but this works. I can definitely work with this. Thanks again for you help.
- resourcessonositeAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Thanks for showing this demo. Can we do this for the drop down as well. If yes, how ?
That will mean that in a jotform dropdown, i will be able use the data filled in in a google spreadsheet. I need to do that badly.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think that is possible to Jotform. You may want to define the values into the Jotform Dropdown field.
If you have any further questions, let us know by creating a new thread.
- bedelman0731Answered on September 18, 2014 at 10:40 AMThe demonstration looks to be close to what we are seeking. In our case, we could have links in the Google Spreadsheet that would then launch a form that would then show some information from that row. But that form would need to be able to collect new information from the form that would then be fed back to a spreadsheet (perhaps into the same row or perhaps into a row in another sheet)
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hi Bob, as this is an old thread, I've moved your questions to a new thread
- BenAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 05:47 PM
This is now an old thread - opened in early 2014 and last updated in the same year.
When you find a thread that seems to have something you want to have or discus, it is always best to open your own thread and reference the old thread instead.
I did however move your question to a new thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/848146 In future, do follow the same steps as mentioned bellow:
Anyone coming to this thread should follow the same and open a thread following this link: https://www.jotform.com/contact/
Once you do we would be happy to assist with the same.