- brenton.strineAsked on March 18, 2014 at 04:57 PM
I'm using JotForm to upload files from users and integrate them into Google Drive and Google Spreadsheets.
The form is working well, uploaded forms correctly populate the Google Spreadsheet and upload the files into Drive. Unfortunately, the link to the files in the spreadsheet is to the www.jotform.us version of the file, instead of the file on Google Drive. I would much rather have the spreadsheet link to Google Drive.
Also, in Google Drive, a new folder is created for each submission. This makes it difficult to go through all of the files, as a separate folder must be opened for each. It would be much better if they were all uploaded into the same directory.
My last suggestion is to give better control over where the Google spreadsheet and files go. Right now, things are all over the place. There is the form itself, then a directory with the spreadsheet results, the ANOTHER directory with the files (which has additional directories for each submission). I'd like to be able to put the spreadsheet in the same directory as the files, or to have the spreadsheet in the top level directory, or to have everything all in the same directory.
Other than that, I am very happy with JotForm.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Thank you for the kind words.
Google Drive and Google Spreadsheet are two different API integrations - hence operate independent of each other.
It would therefore not be possible to:
1. Have the links to your uploaded files on Google Drive show up on the spreadsheet
2. Have the spreadsheet in the same folder as Google Drive uploads - designating the same folder names during integration will create duplicate folders with the same name.
3. Designate the folder where all the uploads will go.
Your suggestions are quite valid though - We can raise feature requests, and to enable us to do so, please open a separate thread for each of your questions, and we shall let our developers know.