- dreoinAsked on March 18, 2014 at 05:24 PM
Are there any add ons for custom notification emails? I need to format the data in a particular way, but also exclude fields (and labels) with no data.
From what I can see on the site, I can either have a table format with the data, fields with no response excluded or a text format with no table, but all the fields will be included, blank or not.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM
If I understand your question correctly, you want to change the format of the email alert template and still able to hide empty fields from submission emails. Is that correct?
Unfortunately, that is not possible to achieve. "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" only works with the default email template. If you change the email template / body of the email alert, this feature will not work.
- dreoinAnswered on March 04, 2015 at 06:51 PM
I'm revisiting this topic a year later. Is it possible to custom format the notification email to exclude fields without data and unlock the table structure to create a "text" statement?
- ShadaeAnswered on March 04, 2015 at 07:33 PM
At this time it is still not possible to hide fields on a customized email notifications. The hide field option will only work if the default notification is being used.
- dreoinAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM
I'm revisiting this topic again (another year later), is there any update/app/process to custom format notification emails to exclude fields without dataÂ and unlock the table structure to create a "text" statement rather than a table with answers?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 11:22 PM
OK, I have tested this and I could see that it is hiding empty fields even when you edit the email template, I'm not sure if it is being tested or if it is available in all the accounts, please try doing it and let us know if you are able to do this, if not, perhaps we will need to report your request of this feature.Â
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 11:28 PM
No, sorry seems like it is not working yet, I have tested and it is not the same functionality, I will escalate this request to our second level, so you should be notified when it is available.Â
- SunnyAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 12:49 AMdreoin's perseverance and dedication on following up on this feature request for 2 years, every March, should account for something. This will benefit and will make a lot of users very happy.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 02:09 AM
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement. Here are the steps you should follow:
#1. Enable the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" setting under your form preference.Â
#2. Add a new Email alert in your form.
#3. You will see the data table is locked and a button "Unlock Datatable" button will appear. You need to ensure that you do not click on unlock datatable.
#4. If you add any test outside the locked data table, the hide empty field should work without any problem. Please check the screenshot below:
Do try it out and get back to us ifÂ you have any questions.