discrepancy between submission date downloaded CSV and integrated into Google sheet

  • Profile Image
    rtolmach
    Asked on November 08, 2021 at 01:41 AM

    Hello JF

    There seems to be a discrepancy between submission data

    • downloaded as a CSV
    • integrated into Google sheet.


    MISSING COLUMNS IN CSV

    I just downloaded a CSV. The file is attached.

    [Oh, darn, no it is not. Would you please suggest to your product team that they let us upload a CSV file, and not just an image? I uploaded it to this box.com folder so you can download it from there https://app.box.com/s/qig3ion4nmeg3qlmqqcg65uoks1fosmb

    [Aargh - this is a flaw in this form. Once I try to upload a CSV, there is no way to say "never-mind" to that upload. I have to pick an allowable file type to upload. I do not need to upload something, but I have to, or I am stuck. So I am just uploading a little image file which has nothing to do with anything, just to outsmart the form. Grrr.]

    The right-most column is EG.

    The jotform is integrated into Google sheets. I put the URL in the field below. The right-most column is EU. It has a lot more columns. I do not know why that would be the case, unless there are some columns missing from the CSV.


    Indeed, one of the columns in the Google sheet has the question / field name:

    "Thank you again for your support. You make this site and our nonprofit's work possible. To help us verify your donation, please provide the Order # from your donation. It appears on the confirmation page you saw and in the email receipt."

    That column does not appear in the CSV.

    In addition to looking for the column header, I looked for some data from within that column. For instance, the Google sheet has a cell in that column with this data: "#S-1505"

    That string does not appear in the CSV. Nor does a string from another row of that column.


    INCORRECT DATA

    That missing column (the one with the field name "Thank you again . . ." in Google sheets asks for order #s. So they are all in the general format of "#S-1505."

    However, two of the rows have email addresses appearing in that column. See cells M62 and M66 of the Google sheet.

    Is it possible that two visitors entered their email address instead of their order number? Maybe, since the following question asks for an email, but it seems suspicious. If that column appeared in the CSV, then I could at least see if it is consistent. I just added a conditional so that if the entry for that field has a "@" or if it is missing either the "#" or the "-", then they will get a warning message right below it.

    Thank you for your help.

    Best

    Robert

  • Profile Image
    Bojan_J
    Answered on November 08, 2021 at 05:46 AM

    Greetings Robert.

    If you download CSV file directly from your Jotform Tables, you will only download the data that is visible in your table. If you wish to download all the information, you will have to enable these columns from the Table:

    screenshot_8148.png

    I have temporarily enabled the problematic field to check the submissions, and it seems that your users have entered their email in this field. This is why you see an email in your Google Sheet. If you wish, you can set a mask in this field, so your users can enter values with predefined values:
    https://www.jotform.com/help/381-getting-started-with-the-basics-of-input-masking/

    Let us know if you have any additional questions.