- nancytorrisonAsked on March 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM
A Lot of universities have assistants fill out the form, then the physicians go back and proof them. How do they save the form once they have started filling it out?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
There are actually multiple option to achieve your requirement:
1. If you want to save the input data on your browser: You can take advantage of our "Auto Fill" feature where the data will be saved immediately as you input. You can close the browser and when you reload the form, you will see the input data intact. The following guide should help you achieve your requirement: http://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-Feature-Save-Form-Entries-to-Continue-Later
2. Save the input data in server session: You can take advantage of this feature that saves the forms for each unique user and for each page the form is filled. That way your users will be able to continue to fill out your forms whenever they are available. The following guide should help you achieve your requirement: http://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-to-Continue-Later
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- nancytorrisonAnswered on March 20, 2014 at 03:40 PMThis doesn't work for the people who are filling in the form and not ready
Please send me instructions for people who are filling in our form and
would like to save their work, then continue later.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 20, 2014 at 05:38 PM
That is the correct function that would accomplish your requirements. Two methods: using our feature by enabling it from the form settings and using the workaround by using two forms.
Perhaps, there something wrong in your settings that prevent it from working? Can you give us any form and what is your current method?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 20, 2014 at 05:39 PM
I'm sorry, I just noticed your second thread about this function: http://www.jotform.com/answers/350183-Our-users-want-to-be-able-to-save-the-form-and-return-to-it-later#0. We'll be sending our reply in a few minutes.