- mariebradshawAsked on March 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
What I would like to do is have a product request form on my site that allows people to add more to their order after they've chosen their first product. Is it possible to give an option at the end of the process that says "add more" and have it just take them through the whole process again without having to fill out a second form? How could I achieve this?
- CarinaAnswered on March 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
If I understood you right you refer to a shopping cart feature, like the user navigates through the website on different pages and ads products as he wishes, and finally click the shopping cart to checkout. Am I correct?
If this is the case I believe it cannot be achieved for now as it is a complex e-commerce feature. But if you specify more, or show us the site url or examples of what you are trying to achieve maybe we can get a workaround.
I apologize if I understood you wrong.
Let us know if we can be of more assistance.
- mariebradshawAnswered on March 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Not totally a shopping cart kind of solution. Here's a form we had developed that has the functionality I'm talking about. http://lesolson.com/support/submit-meter-reading/
You can see where it says "+ Another Machine"
It basically just lets you repeat the previous fields over and over again as many times as you need. This is helpful when people are submitting information for multiple things. This way they don't have to fill the form out 10 times if they are entering information for 10 models. They just fill it out once and we just recieve it once.
Does that make sense?
- EliezerNAnswered on March 21, 2014 at 03:34 PM
Thanks for sharing the example form of what you need. Now we understand your request.
That functionality can be accomplished by using conditional logics, scpecifically this method: How to Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once Based On a Single Conditional Entry
So, here is an example on how you can accomplish what you exactly need. Form: http://form.jotform.co/form/40794708584871
To accomplish that follow these steps:
1. After adding all the fields for the first product/machine add a Check Box option and label it as "Add one more machine" or something like that.
2. Then add a form collapse as the guide I gave bove states. Make sure to set its Status as Open and its Visibility as Hidden.
3. Then using the Manage Multiple Fields feature duplicate the fields for the second item. See this gif image:
4. Then create the condition to show the second item. Make sure to add one more form collapse just before the Submit buttone with the same Status and Visibility as the first one.
Then apply the same process for extra items.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this inquiry.