- htedelandAsked on March 22, 2014 at 07:22 PM
I have a simple email capture form and would like, after the user has submitted their email address, that the user can then download a file I have hosted somewhere (dropbox, google drive, wherever). But what I'd also like is to see that that specific user downloaded the file, i.e. I would need to be able to "track" each download based on the user's email address or something... Any idea how I could track that?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
You can use Autoresponder e-mail to provide the capability for the user to download the uploaded file of the form submission. -Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
But what I'd also like is to see that that specific user downloaded the file, i.e. I would need to be able to "track" each download based on the user's email address
There is no tracking feature in JotForm that will be able to do this directly.
BUT I think this idea can do -- it will be on your discretion if you want to try it.
1. You need to setup your form according to this guide
2. Base on the guide, there is a second form where in you can add a link to the hosted file.
3. Since the user will use the 1st form to be able to go to the 2nd form, you will be able to capture the user submission info (name, e-mail) on the 1st form.
4. The downside is, you will not be able to track if they do download the file on the 2nd form using its link...
The #4 could be easily solve if you can just host the file to file hosting provider like Dropbox/Google drive. When the user clcik on the link, and redirected to the file server, there are application facility in dropbox or google drive that indicates who downloaded the file.
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further asssistance.