- snaplashAsked on March 23, 2014 at 10:34 PM
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Unfortunately no, it will not be possible to send uploads directly to your database. Even if the "Send POST Data" method is used, it will only send you the image URL and not the image blob.
But it is possible to send uploads directly to your FTP, dropbox or google drive. Please check the following guides:
There are actually multiple options to send your submission data to database:
1. Zapier Integration: You can take advantage of our recently released Zapier integration. Take a look at here: http://apps.jotform.com/app/zapier_integration
You may also like to check this which should help you: https://zapier.com/zapbook/jotform/mysql/4061/add-jotform-submissions-to-mysql/
2. You can directly download the sql file of your submissions and import them in your MySQL database: Check this app: http://apps.jotform.com/app/mysql_export
3. You can write your own custom code to save submission records in your MySQL database. Please check this related thread: http://www.jotform.com/help/126-Form-to-MySQL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- snaplashAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 02:08 PM
Thank you so much! I implemented this and all is spectacular! took just a few minutes!
You guys are great!
I have another question which may be out of the scope of your help;
I have a login and registration system (seperate to Jotform - obviously :-) and I would like to have the user submitted data to be associated with that account. Is this possible and if so, could you point me to a forum link where some has accomplished this?
Thankyou in advance!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 04:23 PM
We find ways in most cases, but I couldn't think of a possible easy steps to accomplish this. Maybe, when you submit the data to the form, push it forward to your mySQL Database and make a query to your core files that would locate user submission and attached to their account based on email address submitted to your form. I guess that should work, but I couldn't give you an example output. You may want to hire a programmer if you want this method.
If you have further questions about this matter, we advise to create a separate thread for that. You can use this link: Contact JotForm Support. Your original question is already answered/resolved, and this one is not related. We require a new thread to avoid mixing up responses and to avoid confusions.