- TomCrellinAsked on March 24, 2014 at 07:51 AM
Is it possible to pre populate data from form 1 to form 2 without using a thank you page?Page URL:
- EliezerNAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Yes, what you need is possible. You can accomplish it by URL parameters. Please see this example form: http://form.jotform.co/form/40645549784871
You need to submit the form so that you can get the Thank You message with the link for the second form containing the URL parameter that will populate the needed fields.
Please follow this guide:
1. While editing your First Form select the Thank You message from the Thank You wizard.
2. Go to your Second Form and copy its URL and paste it in the Thank You messge of your first form, and make sure to add a "?" question mark after the string of number of your form URL.
3. Then, go back to the Second form and right click on the field you would like to prepopulate, click on Show properties and copy the text between the curly brackets and paste it after the Form URL you just pasted in the Thank You message of the first form.
4. Then, add an "=" equal symbol.
5. Then, in the first form right click on the field that you wish to use the data of to populate it, then copy the variable (the one with curly brackets) and paste it after the equal symbol you just added to the Second form URL in the Thank You message.
Once you do that, it will be ready to use.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this inquiry.
- EliezerNAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I apologize, I misread your inquiry, I thought you had said "with using a thank you page", sorry for such mistake.
However, you can still accomplish this workaround, you can use Notifiers instead of the Thank You page. It will work the same, and the functioning will not be affected.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- TomCrellinAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 03:30 PMThank you for your guidance on this.
I have an urgent query but my questions aren't posting in the forum for some reason.
My form is being cut off half way down for some reason, I haven't changed anything and have re-embedded the form and problem still persists - Please see link below to my form and advise.
Thanks for your time in advance.Tom.
Link - http://www.parkinnfly.co.uk/booking.html
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:07:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Form pre-population
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 05:17 PM
I have replied to your last question via this thread. Thank you.
- ics.vernnaAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 02:08 AM
I have the same form as the sample form created by EliezerN. But, I want to prepopulate both the email and Full Name via notifier and not the Thank You page, which as he said, has the same process. How do I prepopulate both fields? Is there a special order in this?
Also, I noticed that when going back to the 1st form to choose the variable to populate with from the chosen variable in form 2, the Full Name is shown in the example image, but during the pasting process, it showed email4 instead of fullname. Is this just a typo?
Lastly, in the properties section, there is an option: Read Only, which is described as useful for pre-population. What should be the best answer to that that will work with this process of prepopulating as detailed by EliezerN?
Thank you very much!
- ics.vernnaAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 02:39 AM
I tried to prepopulate Full Name together with the email on my own, but the prepopulation in Full Name is not right. The First Name and Last Name are both inserted in the First Name text box and empty on the Last Name.
The email portion has no prepopulation implementation at all.
About Read Only, I figured out what it does already.
All I need is the proper procedure for prepopulating both Full Name and Email.
- ics.vernnaAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 02:48 AM
I just realized that I also need to prepopulate other fields as well since I am creating different forms linked to one another. Therefore, I would need assistance on the proper way of prepopulating fields other than email and Full Name.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 05:29 AM
We could have attended to your inquiry earlier if you have created your own thread.
Please do this now using this link http://www.jotform.com/contact/
You can just copy your messages from here and use it on the new thread you will be creating.