- strongtowerranchAsked on March 25, 2014 at 05:53 PM
We have volunteers fill out the application to volunteer every year. It can take a while. If someone volunteers successive years, could their previously entered/submitted info autofil (if the fields are the same)? And if yes, could they then edit it if needed? Would the form need to be connected to a file on your site or ours? Would this require them to use a password for security (so noone else could edit their data)?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 08:12 PM
1. Yes, the form can be autofilled - from your description - you can use URL parameters to prefill the form information
2. Any submission can be edited - just provide the link in the Autoresponder Email they will get after completing the form.
3.The core funtionality of your form is only supported when it is connected to our servers - so it would have to be connected to your Jotform account to work as expected. You can export the data to almost any system using our apps.
4. Unfortunately - anyone with the edit link will be able to modify that submission. Restricting access to the person meant to edit the submission is the only way to prevent the response from being modified by unauthorized persons.
This probably might raise a few more questions - you may open new support threads for each question so that you may recieve effective support.