- petsportfolioAsked on March 25, 2014 at 09:13 PM
I have a background color to my contact form. All is well but I don't want the extended white highlights when users click on specific fields to enter data. How do i disable that so that it blends with my background?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
There are basically two highlighting effect, one is the field highlighting effect when you focus on on any form field and another one is the default behavior of validation error.
Please inject the following custom css in your form to remove the background color of validation erro:
background:none repeat scroll 0 0;
This guide should help you inject this custom css code in your form : https://www.jotform.com/help/117-How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes
Here are the steps to remove the field highlighting effect of your form:
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Click on "Setup & Embed" and then click on "Preferences" from the toolbar.
3. Click on "Field Styles" and then change the property value of "Highlight Effect" to "Disabled"Hope this helps.Do get back to us if you have any questions.Thank you!
- petsportfolioAnswered on March 25, 2014 at 11:18 PM
It does not solve my problem. Somehow the settings don't save. I have tried multiple times and getting tired of doing so.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 03:18 AM
It works just fine when I tested it here. Anyway, I have now made the changes for you. Could you please check your form again?
- KaushalAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Yes it works. Just curious as to why I could not make those changes and save?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 26, 2014 at 01:00 PM
Sometimes the cache in your browser may prevent settings from being delivered to the server.
Its always good practice when you experiece this to clear your browser cache.
Alternatively, you could try the changes on a totally different browser - or over https -
For instance - https://jotform.com/login
If you hit other bumps - let us know.