- cportAsked on March 27, 2014 at 08:04 PM
when I try to add a paypal payment it says >>since there is only one product this item will not be seen on the form, Run wizard to update payment detaislx<<<
When i run the wizard it still says the same thing.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 08:48 PM
When there's only One product item to a Payment field, the form builder automatically hides it from the form. This is how it works especially on Paypal Standard. User who submits to the form will automatically get redirected to the Paypal Payment page.
If you'd like users to see the single product item, you can enable some of the options describe from this guide: How To Add Options In The Payment Form or add an additional dummy product item and hide it from the payment field using custom CSS codes. We can help you with the custom CSS codes, just please let us know if you want us to implement it to your form.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 08:52 PM
Okay, I implemented the dummy product item. Here's the form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/40857931475969
You can clone it back by following this guide: How to clone an existing form from a URL
You can check the custom CSS codes injected to the form using this guide: How to Inject Custom CSS Codes
input_30_1004 is the field ID of the dummy product item. You can find the field ID by following this guide: How to Find Field IDs & Names
- cportAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 09:11 PM
ok thanks -
1. Why do I need to go through that process for this to work?
2.If I have a thank you page that I have set up for this form then will a person be directed to that thank youpage after they make their Paypal payment?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 27, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1. Unfortunately, that is the only option you can do for now in order to show the single product item to the form. That still works even if the product item is hidden. That is not an error, but a notice that the product item will be hidden to the live form view.
2. Yes, please take note that the Paypal Auto Return URL will be overridden by our API settings. Here's what Paypal Auto Return URL works for us:
-If the buyer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to the site.
-If the buyer pays with the Credit Card Option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. This is a legal requirement. After that, the buyer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to the site.
Please kindly create a new thread: Contact JotForm Support if you have further questions with Paypal Auto Return URL settings.