- mpetersonjrAsked on March 31, 2014 at 01:07 PM
I search through the FAQ and forum and don't see an easy way for this to happen.
I have a text box and what ever is populated there I want it to populate similar fields else where in the form. Such as the company name.
It appears there was a way to do that but the new calucation widget or even the conditional formating requires it to be numbers, I simply want the text but can't figure out how to do just text.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 31, 2014 at 01:46 PM
We will improve our guide and add those missing calculation scenarios. Here's the link of the guide: How to perform calculation in the form?
For copying text input to another field, you need to inclose the field tag or name into left and right bracket. Then make sure to check "Insert field as text instead of numeric" option from the advance options. See screenshot below:
Let us know if you have any further questions about this function.
- mpetersonjrAnswered on March 31, 2014 at 02:20 PMI tried that but it doesn't put out the text just the number zero.
I made a simple form to test this, using both a calculation and the
conditional section, neither see to put out the Text that is entered into
the box just numbers.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 31, 2014 at 03:17 PM
In order to fix the issue, please re-add the 'input value' to your calculations:
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.
- vsmarcasAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 05:21 PM
ola mpetersonjrhello , to add the field , check the top if you have numbers 0-9 click to switch to the letters A -Z , ready will copy .