- 2000strongAsked on March 31, 2014 at 02:48 PM
In order for the Paypal integration to work we have to turn off the "Encrypted Website Payments" option in our Paypal account. We were getting an error message and found this resolution on the JotForms website at http://www.jotform.com/answers/287437. According to Paypal, having this encryption on protects against fraud of someone changing the button code. What exact risk are we and our users exposed to by having to turn off this encryption requirement in order to get the integration working between JotForms and Paypal?
- EliezerNAnswered on March 31, 2014 at 04:34 PM
Please note that even if you disable the encryption from your Paypal account, you can still receive your payments securely/encrypted by enabling the Secure mode of the form. To enable the SSL connection of your form please follow these steps:
1. While editing your form go to Setup & Embed tab.
2. Then, click on Embed form option.
3. Finally select the Secure form box and get the code of your form.
That way nobody will be exposed to risk.
Please inform us if you need further assistance with this inquiry.