- otkwebAsked on April 03, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Dear JotForm Support/Developers,
I wonder if JotForm can provide User-defined Default Time for both your Time field and Time Range fields. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to prepopulate system time as default time when comes to specifying common event date & time by event organizers. It would be appreciated if JotForm can allow us to specify our own default time, e.g. 09:00PM to 05:00PM. This will be very useful because this is the common time range for most of our training events. I believe this would also be very useful to others with their respective business rules, e,g, class time, show time, conference time etc.
Thank you for your consideration.
- KadeJMAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 11:38 AM
As far as I know these are serverside times that are generated which are supposed to be relatively accurate. The only thing we have that is customizable at the moment is the output formats that the user can select with which to display the time.
This is also the reason why we have our other Time Tool which lets you pick this. So I think you might be looking for something like that or perhaps a little more advanced maybe.
- antoniooiAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- otkwebAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I think you didn't get my point. I never said your time is inaccurate, neither I was mentioning about the date/time format limitation. I was talking about the User-Defined Default Time Value, which is fixed and static as the default prepopulated value while allowing users to further modify it with ease. This default time value should allow the form designer to specify it during design time and prepopulated accordingly during runtime -- but allow end users to change the time further if they want to.
Please read my earlier post again. Thank you.
- jedcadornaAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 01:19 PM
When you say fixed and static are referring to when form is loaded then the fixed and static time you've set will be populated and not the system time (Timezone) which is found in the account settings or can be change in account settings?
You wanted to form desinger or form owner to set a fixed time that will populate in the form then the user who views the form can still modify the time. right?
That feature is not yet possible but I think downloading the form source and modifying the time base on what the designers want is possible.
- otkwebAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 01:35 PM
Yes, this is why I posted it as SUGGESTION. Hope JotForm can provide in future. Thank you.
- CarinaAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 03:12 PM
I will forward this suggestion to our developers so they can evaluate the feasibility and define the priority. You will be contacted once they have an update on this.
Let us know if we can be of more assistance.
- otkwebAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Thank you. I suggested this feature to JotForm is because our customers always complained about this Time Range as dumb and stupid design for the following reasons:
1. Filling the hour box with the value 9 and leaving the minutes box empty will not auto-assign "00" to minutes box. The form always prompted them for error because the time range is also a mandatory field and will not be treated as 9AM or 9:00AM by JotForm. By right, Hour Box + Min Box should be treated as ONE field when comes to mandatory checking.
2. For our business rules, a common training hour is usually 09:00AM to 05:00PM although some may have 09:30AM to 4:30PM etc., but we're unable to set the default time range as 09:00AM to 05:00PM due to JotForm's default is "current system time to current system time", which is embarassing and not making sense to our users at all. So we rather leave it empty for less serious complaints.
Imagine when we always being criticized in such manner while using JotForm, what should we do? -- We definitely began to look for other alternatives. We hope that JotForm can provide us this feature so that we can save our migration costs and efforts while improving your customer satisfaction and loyalty for a win-win situation.
- lsmindia3Answered on April 22, 2015 at 03:30 PM
Finally my search ended here. I wanted to change the Default Time (Time zone) on my form to show/pre-populate UK time instead of end user's system time.
The Account settings time zone is already Europe/London, but it does not have any affect on the time shown on my form: http://form.jotform.us/form/51096199112152
Any work around to this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 22, 2015 at 04:36 PM
I have move your question to its own thread here http://www.jotform.com/answers/557286
We will attend to it shortly.