- businetAsked on July 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM
I am testing a form in IE9 and get no formatting. Items appear in point form. Refer to this form in IE9. The form appears ok in Firefox. Need help urgently.Page URL:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 26, 2011 at 09:47 AM
This usually happens when there is a conflict with the page where the form is placed or when the css file is missing. I checked this URL on IE9 and it worked perfectly fine:
So, I think you actually have the form on another page. Please let us know the URL of the page that has this problem.
Another possibility is to use the IFrame code. That will not have these kinds of error. Here is how you can get the IFrame code. Open your form on the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Embed" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Embed Form"
3. Click on iFrame and copy the code provided.
- businetAnswered on July 27, 2011 at 09:28 AMThanks
But I do not have the form embedded as yet. When I click on the link you have provided in your email at https://www.jotform.com/form/12020029787 I get the attached image. I have also tried the Iframe approach and still get the same problem. I then uninstalled IE9 and used IE8 and the form appear ok.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 27, 2011 at 09:55 AM
Sorry, we cannot re-create the problem. We have opened this page on another computer with IE9 and it worked perfectly fine:
My guess is that your computer is blocking our CDN. (Amazon CloudFront) The CSS files are loaded from there.
- businetAnswered on July 27, 2011 at 05:26 PMThanks but I have tried that and still get the same problem. Once again the problem is caused when I open the form using IE9 directly from the JotForm site. I would have thought that if I open it at the source (i.e. jotform.com) using IE9 without embedding it in my page it should work.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 27, 2011 at 05:36 PM
Just to reiterate Aytekin's point, I tested your form under IE 9, using the direct link https://www.jotform.com/form/12020029787. I didn't have any problems with the appearance as well.
I guess it's safe to say that it is your computer (or connection) that has a problem. Have you tested the form again using IE9? If not yet, please do.