- cancunmomAsked on April 07, 2014 at 02:44 PM
When I try to edit my form, the screen is blank in the center on the form creation screen. I have cleared the cache in jotform and my browser (firefox). I have re-booted my computer. I see that others have had this problem as well. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me personally. What is going on? Any other work-arounds for this problem? http://www.jotform.com/?formID=40134647199156
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 05:02 PM
You probably have a new version of firefox. Our builder should work ok on that. However, we do recommend to use Chrome to edit forms as the first option.
Let us know if the issue persist.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 11:50 AMNew response receivedOk, whatever you did on your side cleared up my problem. However, now I'm having the same issue again. I have downloaded Google Chrome, cleared cache in Jotform and Chrome. But still cannot see or edit my form. I called up Jotform on my Ipad and seems to be working correctly there. However, I really need it to work on my desktop. Please help!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 01:03 PM
jotform.com should also work to our users located in the US, but we recommend jotform.us for those who have problems with editing forms, especially, if it goes blank after clicking "edit" in my forms page.
You can also use our domain jotformpro.com since you're a paid user. Kindly try both and let us know for the result.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 01:30 PMNew response receivedI tried both of those, still blank. What else could it be? I'm running Windows XP Pro, sp 3
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Don't you have any other device running on Windows 7 so to check if you can replicate it there?
Anyway, there should be no issue with Win XP as I am able to see my forms when trying to connect to the same OS:
Can you please try running the browser with add-on disabled? Check if that works.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 02:30 PMNew response receivedI went to another computer (a laptop) and am able to edit my forms there. And have been able to edit my forms on this computer in the past. Whatever the support staff did to reset it in the past seems to work temporarily, however when I log off and then log back in at a later time, I have the blank screen issue when attempting to edit my forms.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 03:10 PM
That's clearing your forms cache: How to Clear your Form Cache, I think. For us to gather information on what causes this to happen, please do the following and report back to us with a screenshot:
1. Login to your account and go to My Forms page: http://www.jotform.us/myforms
2. After the page loads, press F12. This will open up the developers tab
3. Find and click the "Console" tab which logs all of the events of a page you're viewing.
4. Take a screenshot of the console tab and paste it here. Please follow this guide on adding screenshots to our support forum: How to upload and add screenshots to support forum?
We appreciate your time helping us on finding the cause.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 01:30 PMNew response receivedSee attached:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 03:07 PM
Sorry but we are not able to see the attachment as the forum is not capable of such.
Can you please upload your screenshot images here http://tinypic.com/ instead.
Then, share to us the URL link of the image you have uploaded. This way we can see it here also
Please inform us if issues persist.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 03:28 PM
- cancunmomAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 03:30 PMNew response receivedOK, try this:
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 04:51 PM
It appears that your browser can not load the form builder script for some reason.
For example, you can try to:
- Reset your router/modem, and re-launch the network connection on the computer.
- Disable any security related software installed on your computer.
- Use Google Publick DNS.
- Access the site using different computer and/or different Internet Service Provider.
- Ask your network administrator to check the connection issue.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 05:28 PM
Is there a typeo in the GET statement?:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 06:36 PM
We do not get that error on our end. As you may have found out already, we were not able to reproduce yet the issue you reported to bee having.
As already suggested by our colleague Mike_T , can you at least try on a different computer/device/browser/network -- this will make a lot of diffence in the troubleshooting process.
- cancunmomAnswered on April 13, 2014 at 11:10 PMNew response receivedMy problem appears to be my anti-virus software, AVG. When I temporarily disable it and re-fresh my screen, I am able to edit my forms. Not sure what about it prevents Jotform from loading, but this seems to be the answer! :-)
Thank you for your help,
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 14, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Glad to hear you've managed to resolve the problem.
Feel free to contact us here anytime you have questions about Jotform.