- RogerYelvington01Asked on April 07, 2014 at 03:22 PMHey guys! Is it possible to have a field that when you edit, it updates on multiple jot forms?Ie:An Employee drop down listThis would be a huge help, instead of having to log in across several forms to update the employee drop down list. Thank you,RogerPage URL:
- CesarAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 05:27 PM
There is one way i can think of passing field value data from one form to another is by using the Field Manager App.
This way you edit the field on one form and clone the field on to the other forms.
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on April 07, 2014 at 08:08 PM
This is not quite what I had in mind.
I would like to be able to update the field in one location, and have those updates populate in each of the related forms. Also, I tried the app you mentioned, and it would not load my pages properly.
Is there a way, to have field selection options pull from a connected database?
- CesarAnswered on April 08, 2014 at 12:10 AM
To update the field from one location to then replicate on all forms would not be possible directly through our Form Builder. For advanced options such as the functionality you need. You can first create your needed forms. Then download the Source Code of your forms. To finally have a web developer utilize your form's source code and apply the neccesary modifications to the code.
Do let us know if you need any other assistance. Thank you.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on April 08, 2014 at 08:10 AM
If I modified the source code off all of my various forms, and had 1 field that connected to all forms, would I still be able to update the forms on the Jot Form site, or would I need to move all the forms to my own server and make changes from there?
- jedcadornaAnswered on April 08, 2014 at 09:23 AM
Like what my colleague suggested in his previous post you need to finalize your form first then download the form source and make some modification because when using form source it does not automatically update the fields in your source code when you make a modification in Jotform Builder meaning you have to download a fresh copy of form source everytime there's a modification happened.