- kcashionAsked on April 09, 2014 at 03:19 PM
I would like to be able to copy and paste an electronic signature that we already have on file into a tex area box....but it will not let me. Is there a way to do this? I don't want everyone to have to upload it as a file everytime. Thoughts? Thank you!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 09, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Are you referring to the Signature field (widget) on a form? If the Signature field is set as required on form, then it is supposed to be filled by the end user on each submission.
Can you please provide more details on your case? Where and why do you want to clone the signature?
- kcashionAnswered on April 09, 2014 at 05:30 PMI am using that right now, but it is difficult to use on laptops and anyone can write someone elses signature. I want to be able to copy and paste a signature on to a form. You will see on our form that I have the signature widget. Underneath it I set up a text box area but people are only able to type in that field. I would like to be able to paste this:
But the text area box will not all for any copy/paste options. I can copy and paste in other areas
just not in that one.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 09, 2014 at 06:13 PM
You can only paste text strings on the text area field. You can't paste image files directly into it.
Are you pasting image files? If that's the case, use a file upload field instead so users can upload image files.
Unfortunately, we can't see the screenshot attached on your message. Would you mind uploading to www.tinypic.com and send us the image link if the above mentioned doesn't addressed your question?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 09, 2014 at 06:16 PM
By the way, you can also use the Rich Text field to post an image but you have to upload your image somewhere else so you can post it on the Rich Text field.