- intranet.adminAsked on April 10, 2014 at 07:29 AM
I wonder if there is a field widget (similar to the calculation widget) which allows a string function similar to Exel Eg. MID(form-field,7,10) to take 10 characters stating at position 7 in the field text
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM
If you want I can send a feature request to our back end team.
- intranet.adminAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 06:24 AM
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 09:33 AM
Please complete your form and get back to us on which form field you want to implement this function and where you need to display the output.
We need these information as the script will be specific for a form field and not a generic one.
We will wait for your response.
- intranet.adminAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 04:53 AM
Sorry, I meant could you request the feature on form conditional calculation
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 09:50 AM
I believe you want a feature that does what is described here, right?
In layman's terms, you want a feature that will:
1. Read a selected text field's value
2. Capture only a section of the entries in that text field according to to the settings that describe the position of the first character, and the number of characters to be captured in total
3. Copy the result into a field - or output in in a text field
Is that accurate so far?
If so, I have raised a feature request to that end - feel free to correct anomalies in my description of how it would work.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on July 15, 2014 at 06:01 AM
We've published the substring widget.
Please check it out - we look forward to your feedback.