- jamieroshniAsked on April 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I used rich text boxes because I couldn't adjust the size of indidual text boxes on my form.
But when information is entered, it does not appear on the email submission.
Why is this?
My form: http://form.jotformeu.com/form/33514642621347Page URL:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I've run several tests but I can't reproduced the problem on my form. Can you please recreate your email notification? This should update the field tags, should resolved the problem. You can do the customization afterwards.
Just delete the existing notification and create a new one.
Here's my test:
- jamieroshniAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I tried it and it worked for a few submissions, but doesnt work now.
What should I do?
- jamieroshniAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Also, I put a word limit on the form and it doe not count the words like it does with plain text.
Only the third rich text box works. - Do you think it's limited to one box per form???
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Still they work on my test, both entry limits and notifications. Please submit a test message on this form with your email address to receive an autoresponder email containing the two text messages you filled in. http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41038175884965?
It is possible to use as many rich text box as you want. There is no limits in it per form.
May I suggest you to create a new notification without editing its default message body. See if this is working fine. I really suspect this is related to the field tags or it might be due to the HTML codes that are not properly rendered on the email due to the messy HTML codes create while customizing the notification. You may also want to switch the notification into text format. See if this helps.
- kokoAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:51 PM
- jedcadornaAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 02:57 PM
If you have replied to this thread unfortunately we aren't able to receive your message. Please use this link to post your reply www.jotform.com/answers/362247
- jamieroshniAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 05:51 AM
It still does not work.
Let me list the issues and maybe someone can work it out;
1. I have 4 'Rich Text' boxes that, when information is entered, does not show up in the email submissions, or the pdf which is created, or the excel sheet within drop form
2. When we are inputing information into the form online, the word counter does not change when typing in words.
I have used the template form, deleted the rich text boxes and added new ones, but still the same problem.
Sometimes one of the boxes does submit information, but it is a different box each time.
- jamieroshniAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 06:15 AM
I had one of my IT guys to look at my issue and he suggested this, which worked so it's resolved;
"Create new boxes, but insert them one by one rather than duplicate each box."
I tried it, and it worked.
Thanks for your help.
I actually love jotform!!!