- bbrusamoliAsked on April 14, 2014 at 01:30 PM
in JotForm has the option to send e-mail with the form, but without the fields that are empty and / or hidden. I'm using the default e-mail notifier, but still gets all the fields for me. I have to do?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2014 at 02:30 PM
You have to enable Hide Empty Fields on Email settings to your form. Please follow this guide: How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts
- bbrusamoliAnswered on April 14, 2014 at 02:34 PM
I've done that and still appears in the other fields.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Is this the form URL in question: http://www.jotformz.com/form/40973955258670 ? If yes, I've fixed it for you. Kindly try it again.
- bbrusamoliAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 09:15 AM
Perfect! You can do the same with this other form? thank you
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I checked your form http://www.jotformz.com/form/40569147929669 settings
and noted that it was already set-up correctly to Hide Empty fields on e-mails.
Inform us if you need further assistance.
- bbrusamoliAnswered on April 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Yes, it is set up this way, but keep getting all fields. Is it something in the transmission?
- bbrusamoliAnswered on April 17, 2014 at 01:08 PM
Experts, managed to solve the problem =D
When I sent did not eliminate empty fields because I customized the form.
Thanks to all