- sgonzalAsked on April 14, 2014 at 10:20 PMit appears that the submitted form information is not coming or not appearing in my notification email. I believe it is because the values I am using for the input fields in the following php page are not the same as the values that you are using in your JotForm form. And because everything that makes your form is contained at: http://form.jotform.us/jsform/40994427573162, I am unable to determine what your value names are set to.The following link is the redirect link that I am using in my form.How might I obtain the values in your form so that I may pass them on to my notification email?thanksPage URL:
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Upon your form, I found that you have not added any notification email alert. Have you written your own custom code to send submission emails? I did check your form but could not find any web hook integration as well.
How are you trying to fetch the form input data? It seems you are using custom thank you URL to redirect. Are you trying to read the form post data in this page to send emails?
There are two things you need to check:
1. You need to enable the "Send Post data" in your form's advanced settings. It seems that you have not enabled it yet. Please check the screenshot below:
2. You need to find the field names and see if you are reading the correct fields values in your PHP script. The following guide should help you to find field names: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 10:30 AMHello,
thanks for the info, however, after following and doing all the steps
instructed, it still is not transferring any data to the notification
email. Might you check my redirect php file to confirm whether or not I am
using the correct input field names.
redirect php file: http://www.jacksonlawatx.com/contact_us_form_mail2.php
html page with form: http://www.jacksonlawatx.com/demo3.html
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM
We will not be able to check the PHP scripts you have written in your this php page. We need to check the scripts and it will only show us the interpreted page output. I would suggest you to please copy the content of your PHP page here: http://pastie.org/
We will wait for your response.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 12:40 PMThanks so much for your time and consideration. I have pasted the content
of the php file to the location as instructed.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to your
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Please share to us the unique link that is generated by Pastie.org that contains your PHP script so we can check it for you.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 02:00 PMI am not sure what you are asking. Care you at least tell if I am using the
proper name values?
- sgonzalAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 02:10 PMIs this the link you are requesting?
- KadeJMAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 03:09 PM
Hello, As far as I can tell I think that my colleagues were asking for the link to your pastie which you made so that we can inspect your PHP Script. When you had copied your PHP Scripts to Pastie and saved it you should then see a sharable link to the pastie. You need to share that and we will take a look at it to see what's going on with it since we are unable to view them in the webpage as they run behind closed doors.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 03:30 PMOh, okay...I think I understand you now.
Is the following link the link you are referring to?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 05:52 PM
The very first thing you have to do is check if the variable names and PHP codes you are using in your PHP scripts were those that matches what were on the form.
To find out the variable names and PHP code, simply set this URL as your Thank You URL, enable Send Post Data, fill your form and submit.
I tested this on your form and variable names and PHP codes should be theseData Submitted:
Array ( [submission_id] => 263407503251921194 [formID] => 41046464689463 [ip] => [name1] => [phone] => [email8] => [comment] => )
Then, make sure PHP mail is enabled in your website. You can find more info about PHP mail here.
I am suspecting the issue lies on your PHP script http://pastie.org/9082897 the reason the e-mail notification is not working. Double check your PHP script and do some basic test first.
Hope this help. Inform us if you are still not able to make it work.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 11:50 AMWell, it appears that I do have the correct names in my php file. You
should have been able to confirm this in the pasted code I sent you. The
Sent Post Data has been enable. You should have been able to confirm this
also. And, the hosting server does have php capabilities because this form
already works on the current live site.
The redirect php file does work with your jotform application. An email is
going where it should, and the acknowledgment page appears after the form
has been submitted. So the php file is not the issue. The issue is that the
values are not appearing in the email nor on the acknowledgement page.
I was hoping that I could be able to use your product, JotForm. I like it.
It has everything I need, and it seems easy to use. So, I was thinking
about purchasing and upgrading. However, it seems to be having unresolved
issues with my php redirect file in that my input values are not appearing
Unfortunately, unless we can resolve the issue we are having, I will have
to try one of the many other online form building applications.
Do you believe we can resolved this? Please let me know your thoughts on
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 01:33 PM
Well, send post data should accomplish your requirements. Let me troubleshoot the PHP codes and get back to you for my progress.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 02:10 PMok thanks! I would appreciate that very much.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 02:42 PM
While I cannot make it to work using a single PHP page. I found a way to post a data to your custom thank you PHP page and of the same send you an email using two separate PHP scripts. Please proceed with the following steps:
1. Use these codes for your Custom Thank You URL. Still, use PHP: http://pastiebin.com/534ecd4555681. Still, enable "Send Post Data" to the form.
2. Use these codes for your Send Email after submission: http://pastiebin.com/534ecd8923948. Now, you have to save this as a PHP file. Upload it to your server and use it as your Form Webhook URL. Please follow this step on adding Webhook URL: How-to-Setup-Webhook-with-JotForm
On this Webhook codes, you have to change the following sections (see screenshot):
I have tested the codes and both are working 101%. Let me know your thoughts or comments.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 06:40 PMAwesome!
Now, it's working much better. The only thing that's keeping it from being
perfect is for the $emailfrom value in the Webhook php file to be the
sender's email address (q8_email8). Is it possible to do this?
Everything I've tried so far doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts on this?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM
If I understand your question correctly, you want the sender email to be the input value of your form email address field. Is that correct?
Please use the following code in your webhook code where you are constructing your "//Email data":
$emailfrom = $obj['q8_email8'];
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- sgonzalAnswered on April 17, 2014 at 11:30 AMHello,
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I've tried that already. It is
what I have there now as a matter of fact. And what I get is, 'unknown
sender' in my mailbox.
But, I've decided to go with another email address instead, and see how
Other than this, everything seems to be working fine!
Thanks for all your assistance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 17, 2014 at 02:08 PM
We've changed the codes for that purpose, get it here: http://pastiebin.com/5350171f24313. The codes given by my colleague is correct but you have to move the following line:
$obj = json_decode($result, true);
....to the top of the From Email syntax:
Do get back to us if you need any further assistance for this function.