- arazerAsked on April 15, 2014 at 09:38 AM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM
You can use the combination of Condition Logic and Form Calculation.
Here is a sample form http://form.jotform.me/form/41044098479461? . Notice how the "Your Nickname" value was copied over to the "Nick Name" field
This is the condition I used
Hope this help. Inform us if you need more assistance.
- arazerAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM
What option do you choose to get to the conditions wizzard? Do you have step by step instructions?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:21 PM
It's on the guide provided by my colleague. http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic. Or check the guide below:
1. While you are editing your form in the form builder, click Setup & Embed
2. Click Conditions
3. Select "Insert Text Or Mathematical Calculation into field".
4. Create your conditions.
Check this screencast: http://screencast.com/t/jhI4rQLxkn
Hope this helps!
- arazerAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:40 PMThank you very much. I followed your instructions but if I type 'test 123'
in the first field only the numbers are copied into the field indicated.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM, JotForm Support Forum <
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Because the field was inserted as numeric on the formula. Make sure to insert it as text. :)
- arazerAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 05:29 PM
- arazerAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 05:30 PMi have checked the text box and still have the same issue.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 1:39 PM, JotForm Support Forum ...
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Upon checking your form, I found that the conditions are working as expected and it is copying the value to your field. The only issue I found that you have input the field name twice, one as numeric and other one as text. Please check the screenshot below:
That is the reason it first displays just the number and then the whole string with number. Please check the screenshot below:
Please delete the first / numeric field names from the condition and that should solve your problem.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- KadeJMAnswered on August 10, 2014 at 04:32 PM
You have asked a follow-up question to the original problem which was resolved so I have moved it here. Alternatively you can just follow the " moved thread " link above.