Required fields not firing

  • Profile Image
    ECFORMS
    Asked on April 15, 2014 at 01:04 PM

    I have a jot form that I'm using the embed type.  I put that embed code out on my server and the required fields are able to be bypassed.  I'm unable to use the iFrame method as it cause SecurityErrors because the iFrame doesn't originate from the same domain name.

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Embed Code: <script type="text/javascript" src="//form.jotformpro.com/jsform/40337898513967"></script>

     

    Thanks,

    Jeremiah

  • Profile Image
    Welvin
    Answered on April 15, 2014 at 02:16 PM

    Hi Jeremiah,

    Try to use these, with added jQuery noConflict codes: http://pastiebin.com/534d885f1e896

    Let us know if this resolves the issue or not.

    Thanks

  • Profile Image
    ECFORMS
    Answered on April 15, 2014 at 03:02 PM

    What am I supposed to put in the read function?  You just left it open?

  • Profile Image
    ECFORMS
    Answered on April 15, 2014 at 03:14 PM

    I put the jquery.noconflct in there and it didn't help at all.

  • Profile Image
    Mike_T
    Answered on April 15, 2014 at 05:14 PM

    Please provide us with a link to the web page in question, so we will try to check it out from our end.

  • Profile Image
    ECFORMS
    Answered on April 17, 2014 at 08:54 AM

    Here is the link: http://www.ecdsoccer.org/page/show/1162377-test

     

    Thanks

  • Profile Image
    KadeJM
    Answered on April 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM

    I just checked this some more and the only part that was working is t he captcha but I could clearly see that the fields you marked as " Required " do get bypassed. There's definitely a conflict between your server and the form where it's failing to be read by your page script. I am under the impression that it may be because its contained within a custom jquery frame since it looks like this is blocking the form from working as I know our form runs within its own jquery to javascript library and unrelated code of a similar type will break that.

    Something that you could try which might work is you could create an HTML File and host the embedded form codes there. That should then allow you to use the HTML file via an iFrame within the page the iframe so that it ends up the same as the domain you are using.

    Replicated Problem: