- VdelmonacoAsked on April 17, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Hello Jotform Support,
All of a sudden, our form stopped working. When an employment category is selected you are presented with the Positions Available. When a position is selected and click Next, an incorrect page is displayed. Please help.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 17, 2014 at 06:33 PM
Hi, I selected "Leadership" then on positions available I selected "CFO", this is the page that shows when you click on "Next".
Is that the incorrect page that you are referring to? If this is the case, you need add another condition to skip to a page:
Then set the conditiong this way:
See how it works:
Hope this helps you, let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- VdelmonacoAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Sorry, I didn't explain the way the form should work...
1) everything is hidden except Employment Category
2) The user selects an Employment Category and the respective category appears (The appropriate "Positions Available" everything else hidden)
3) If a Leadership Position is selected, then both Del Monaco Values and Leadership QUESTIONS appear. However, If All Other (non leadership) Position is selected, then only the Values QUESTIONS appear.
4) If all the questions are answered correctly, clicking NEXT will forward them to the selected position. If any of the answers are wrong, they will see the "not qualified" message.
It was working fine until a few days ago. now when a Position Available is selected, nothing shows up. (Except if I toggle the Employment Category, then the Values questions appear)
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I cloned your form, and on regars of the first 3 conditions you have stated, I was able to implement them in my cloned version:
Basically, what I see on your conditions is that some of them conflict, because once you state that a field will be shown depending on a selection, that means it will be hidden until the condition is met, you can not set in another condition to hide the same field based on another selection, because it is already conditioned.
- VdelmonacoAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 03:42 PM
Hello and thank you, we are making progress, however...
Values questions AND Leadership questions should appear if Leadership is selected within Employment Category. But only the Values questions should appear if All Other is selected within Employment Category. This is now working fine, unless...
If someone selects an Employment Category and then one of the Available Position then decides to change Employment Category; then it doesn't work properly. How can this be fixed?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 06:12 PM
Hi, I think I undertand now, so this are the new conditions for rules 3 and 4 that you can apply to the form:
In this way when user selects the "Leadership" employment category, it will show "Del Monaco Values: Please answer the following questions" and "Leadership: Please answer the following questions".
If "All Other" is selected, only "Del Monaco Values: Please answer the following questions" will be displayed. You can test the link to my form here.
- VdelmonacoAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 09:24 PM
Yes, that fixed the problem I described but...
I would like the questions to remain hidden until a Position is selected (for either Leadership or All Other).
Please provide instructions.
- CesarAnswered on April 18, 2014 at 10:30 PM
I have made some changes to the form. Kindly review these changes. Do let us know if this works for you. Thank you.
Example Form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41078989382975?
- Vic Del MonacoAnswered on April 19, 2014 at 05:03 PM
No, it didn't work...
Test this example: Select Employment Category>Leadership and then Leadership Positions Available>CFO then change to Employment Category>All Other then select All Other (non leadership) Positions Avaialbe>Kettles...
The Leadership questions should be hidden. (The Values questions apply to both Categories, however, the Leadership questions only apply to the Leadership category.
Please help. Thank you, Vic
- CesarAnswered on April 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I do believe this is due to the leadership position you selected first. Eventhough you have moved over to the "All Other" categories, the leadership position remains selected. Thus the conditions continue to show the leadership questions.
I propose the following alternative:
Adding a Page Break after making the Employment Selection.
Kindly review my updated form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41078989382975?
Do let us kow if this works for you. Thank you.