- amhomelifeAsked on April 23, 2014 at 09:51 AM
When using the quick tools (full name) all submissions have two periods after prefix (Mr.., Mrs..) how can this be fixed?
- CarinaAnswered on April 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Is the form AHLI Agent Inquiry form the one creating this difficulty?
I made a test submission and could replicate the situation. I created a copy of the form and made a test submission but received the submission with the correct data:
You can consult our guide on how to clone forms for more details.
Let us know if we can be of more assistance.
- amhomelifeAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Interesting, i just tested my form again, an now it is automatically including commas with no spaces into the area where there used to be two periods. Any more suggestions on fixing this error?
Do you recommend not using the quick tool? i would prefer to use it, but i think it has a bug.
- EliezerNAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 02:25 PM
It showed two periods because the "Prefix" feature adds a period by default after the prefix value so that users have no need to type the period, however, since this default period is not visible in the Prefix field almost all the users will type it.
I made a test by typing a period:
And this was the result:
If did not type the period, then just one appeared.
So, we can say that it is the correct functioning, but the problem is that users will always type the period ignoring there is one already.
Fortunately, there is a solution to this. Please follow these steps:
1. While in the form builder go to the Setup & Embed tab.
2. Click on Email Alerts and select your Notifier.
3. Then, while in the Compose Email wizard make sure to edit the variable of the Name fields of your form in this way:
- Add three (depending on if you have Prefix, Firs Name and Last Name) name variables by clicking on the Name field option in the Right side menu.
- Then, inside the curly brackets and after the text add a colon to each variable and type prefix, first and last. So it will be like this:
The text full name may change, depending on if you have labeled your name field differently.
You have to do that with all your name fields that have the Prefix field.
I hope this helps. Inform us if you need further assistance with this query.