- TheTransitionerAsked on July 31, 2011 at 07:18 AM
Hello, I am creating a form in French. I want to let users select "other" in a radio buttons field. Unfortunately Jotform proposes "other" as the only option. In French it should be "Autre".
Is there a way to decide what the "other" field should contain?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 31, 2011 at 07:42 AM
This is not possible as of the moment. I have already submitted a report ticket about this issue since the first time a user complained about it. I cannot know for sure how long it will take for our developers to apply this change (they are extremely occupied with other things) or if it will be implemented at all.
A workaround I suggest is to insert a separate text box right below your radio button field. This text box will be hidden using conditions and will only show up if the user selects an option named "Autre" in the radio button.
1. Insert a text box field in your form. Name it to something like "Autre".
2. Disable the "Allow Other" option for your check box.
Add an option "Autre" instead.
3. Create a condition to show the "Autre" text box field conditionally. Go to Setup & Embed > Conditions, Choose Hide/Show Form field then click Next
4. Set up your condition like this
5. Of course, don't forget to save the condition and your form.
Click here to view a cloned sample of your form with these changes applied.
Let us know if you require further assistance with this topic. Thank you and have a great Sunday!
- kakoonettAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 08:02 PM
I know the thread is old, but just in case somebody's looking for a solution to this problem today, you can change the hint of the "Other" radio item/checkbox, by modifying the jotform.js javascipt file.
Just download the source file with css and js files.
On line 920 in the jotform.js file:
Change Other by whatever you need.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 08:16 PM
Hi, thank you for the shared info. What you suggested will require downloading the form's full source code .