- michtaitzAsked on April 24, 2014 at 04:49 AM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 09:05 AM
I think this may be the solution you are looking for:
Feel free to ask for help if you run into any problems while implementing the aforementioned solution
- kimotomainaAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 09:14 AM
This is possible with jotform but you have to use page breaks and sission Ids.
Your user must be uniquely identifed.Follow these steps.
1. Create a form to get name and e-mail. On the title, explain the user why this is necessary. This will be referred as the first form from now on.1. Create a form to get name and e-mail. On the title, explain the user why this is necessary. This will be referred as the first form from now on.2. Create another form that they will be redirected to. This will be referred as the main form from now on.3. When main form is finished click Preview and then click Open in new tab button.4. On the new tab copy the Form URL.5. Close the tab and go to My Forms menu and click Edit on the first form you created.6. On your first form go to Email Alerts and click Add new email button.7. Select the Autoresponder Email and click Next8. Enter your name and e-mail. Recipient E-mail field should be related with the E-mail form on your form. So it should be E-mail by default. If it is not selected please select E-mail. Click Next.9. Erase all the data in the text area and write something meaningful for the user. Because this will be sent to his/her email.10. Copy the Form URL that you have from your main form and at the end of the URL add a question mark , after the question mark write session, next to it add the equals sign and click E-mail on the form fields. So far your url should look like this:11. Click Finish and save the form.12. At the first form go to Setup & Embed tab and click Thank You, select Thank you message and enter the same url you created on the autoresponder messagI hope this solves your problem.
- michtaitzAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 10:21 AMHi
Thanks for the feedback, I assume this needs to be done when the forms are
setup and cannot be done once completed (user have already started using
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 24, 2014 at 11:34 AM
You can setup that to your form anytime you want so your new users will be able to utilize the save feature. Existing users will be able to use the form as usual but without the autosave feature unless they'll add session parameter on the form URL when they fill the form http://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-to-Continue-Later
Another possible solution is to enable Autofill feature which doesn't require page break or session parameter. Check this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-Feature-Save-Form-Entries-to-Continue-Later
Hope this helps!