What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can you tell me more about file uploads?Asked by presentech on April 24, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Hi, we want to create a new form primarily for clients to send us files. I noticed when I add an upload filed, it only allows 1 file to be added. If I add another, it replaces the first. Thus, my questions regarding file uploads.
1) Can i put multiple file upload fields on one form so a client may attach several files at once?
2) is there a limit to the file size per file they attach? 50 MB, 100 MB, etc?
3) How about a file upload maximum per form submission? How about per month?
4) How long do files stay on your server until they are dropped off? Once we download the file, we no longer need it but I wasn't sure of the time length you keep it.
We may also use the drop box option so your file size issue may not apply, although i would still want to know about question 1. Thanks!
The answers to your questions are below:
1. Yes, it is possible to allow multiple uploads with our File Upload tool. Simply enable the Allow Multiple function by clicking on the single File upload field of your form and then clik on the Allow Multiple option in the top:
2. Please note that the maximum file size users can upload through the form is 1GB, however, to set the Size limit for the tool you need to take in account your whole avilable space (100MB for Free users). You can find more information about Upload File Size limit in this guide: Upload fil size limit
To change the size limit simply:
1) Click on the upload field of the form.
2) And then click on Max File Size, then you will be able to change the size limit:
3. Please note the Available space for uploads that Jotform gives you is for on time life, that means that such space will not be reset anytime either monthly nor yearly/bi-yearly. If you consider you will need more space than 100MB, you may consider to upgrade to one of our paid plans found in our PRICING page: https://www.jotform.com/pricing
4. The uploded files will remain in our servers as long as they are not deleted. That means that even you download them they still will be stored there until you delete them by deleting the submisions that contain them.
If for any reason you wish to delete the uploaded files from Jotform side, we recommend you to first make a back up of all your submissions by exporting the to Excel, CSV of PDF and then Delete the submissions. Here is how to export the submissions to the format I mentioned: How to Partially Download Form Submissions as Excel/CSV/PDF?
Let us know if you need further assistance with this query.