- GoodDogAsked on April 28, 2014 at 07:46 AM
After adding to forms with different recieving email adresses than the former forms, I am no longer reciving any emails. My customers are telling me they get en return error mail. Also, the emails doesn't seem to get to your inbox.
None of the forms below are working:
Regards Tess ErngrenPage URL:
- jedcadornaAnswered on April 28, 2014 at 09:51 AM
I tried to submit a test to your forms and I can see in our logs that the emails were successful./var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[28/Apr/2014:09:42:20 -0400] 11512551673 AmazonSES Sent email to firstname.lastname@example.org - MessageID:00000145a8926da3-ab832065-dd7b-41d1-8d1f-f2adf8e1dec4-000000 - RequestId:eb54eb4d-ceda-11e3-bf87-efa89a2c3017
All 3 of these sites works
These one doesn't have any forms http://gooddog.no/vest/pamelding-vest/ please verify if this is the correct URL all of the 3 URL's above seems to work fine. Can you please confirm if you were able to receive the test emails?
- GoodDogAnswered on April 28, 2014 at 04:23 PM
I'm still not recieving any emails... I do find them now on your website, but they are not being forwarded. May it have anything to do that I added 2 new forms with different email adresses?
Sorry about the wrong pages, these are the correct ones, none are working.
But the 3 new ones, with email adresses forwarded to other people - those I receive!
? Thank you for you help.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 28, 2014 at 05:30 PM
Form notification email settings were correctly configured to your forms. Providing a different email recipient shouldn't be the cause of the issue.
Please do the following resolutions:
1. Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list and/or contact list.
3. Ask your system IT Administrator to whitelist our email domains and IP Addresses: Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
3. Lastly, using Mandrill's SMTP settings to your form should help: How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address
You are using a custom email addresses so the above steps are necessary for resolving this case. Please update us here for the results.
- GoodDogAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 01:51 AMThat seems like a lot of work... Is it perhaps easier to ask my colleagues
to create their own jot form accounts?
If I do, and erase the last three forms, will everything go back to normal
again? It is kind of acute since my customers can't get hold of me!)
- GoodDogAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 02:41 AMActually, now the forms seem to be working. But I also receive the emails
from the forms with different email addresses than mine - how may I solve
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 04:30 AM
I did check several of your last edited form's notification email alert and found that it should send submission emails to only one email address.
Have you solved this problem already?
Actually you need to check if your form is sending submission emails to multiple email address. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/41-Finding-out-E-mail-Address-used-for-submission-notifications
If you have added multiple email alert to send submission emails to multiple email address, you need to check the "Recipient Email" with the help of above guide and if required you can delete that particular email alert. The following guide should help you delete email alert: http://www.jotform.com/help/132-How-to-Delete-Notifications-Autoresponder
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- GoodDogAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 04:31 AMAnd now none of them are working... Without me chaining anything. Please
help mw with this, I am losing so much business!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 06:59 AM
I did check your form's notification email alert but could not find any issue with that. I also checked the email logs and found that the emails are not being sent successfully. Please check the logs below:
/var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[29/Apr/2014:04:27:32 -0400] 22237980346962 AmazonSES Failed while sending email to email@example.com
/var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[29/Apr/2014:05:46:50 -0400] 22237980346962 AmazonSES Failed while sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
/var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[29/Apr/2014:05:54:10 -0400] 11515214769 AmazonSES Failed while sending email to email@example.com
/var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[29/Apr/2014:05:59:25 -0400] 11515214769 AmazonSES Failed while sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
/var/log/jotform/amazonSES.log:[29/Apr/2014:06:20:06 -0400] 11515214769 AmazonSES Failed while sending email to email@example.com
Was there any changes made to your email server? Its strange that you were receiving submission emails and suddenly it stopped. None of your email addresses are in our bounce list.
I would suggest you to speak to your email service provider and find out if they are blocking any emails from "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com". You may also give them the list of domain names which need to be white listed.
We will wait for your response.