- smouganAsked on April 29, 2014 at 02:42 PM
I have created two new Forms -- TAN Advertiser Registration & TAN Writer Registration -- and I've set up email notifications and Thank You messages for each after the form is submitted. I've tried testing both but neither is sending the email or the Thank You message. I haven't put the Forms up on a website yet, as I thought I could test them before I do. Please help!! Thank you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 29, 2014 at 05:12 PM
I have checked the 2 forms, and I found the common issue on them.
First, on the Notification E-mail. The form notification e-mail was based on conditional e-mail. But I found the conditional e-mail erroneous as its logic is conficting with each. Please refer to the image below where I have indicated the conflict in the condition rules.
(click on the image to enlarge)
Second, the custom Message Thank You page. The custom TY message is probably not updated to the current version of the form. So, it needs to be re-created to update the content to the current version of the form.
Please follow this steps to fix both problem on both forms (since both form have similar settings)
1. Delete ALL condition ruels setup in the form
2. Delete the conditioned notification e-mail
3. Add new Notification E-mail using the Add New Email button.
4. Make sure the Recipient E-mail address is the target e-mail account.
5. Save the e-mail.
6. Repeat steps #3 to #6 to add multiple Notification E-mail for each target Recipient E-mail address. The Recipient E-mail addresses were those you used in the Conditional e-mail that was mentioned here
7. Multiple Recipient e-mail can also be setup. Follow this guide
8. Save the form
To fix the issue on the custom Message Thank You page,
9. Clone the form. Then, use the cloned version of the form. Follow this guide to clone -How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account
You to do this steps on both of the mentioned forms with issue.
Use the cloned version of the forms as the new version.
Check and test by previewing the form and submitting them.
Hope this help. Please inform us if you find difficulty on the instructions or if you need further assistance.
- smouganAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 09:41 PMThank you most kindly for sending me this explanation, which entirely made
sense. I redesigned both Forms, tested sending the email Notifications,
and all works perfectly. It never occurred to me I was cloning an older
version of something that rendered it non-functional. I won't do this
again and as much because I really enjoy building Forms with JotForm.
Thanks again and have a great day!
*Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 4X8Email: email@example.com
- gori-mathewAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 01:15 AM
On behalf of my colleague you are welcome, Enjoy using Jotform and do feel free to let us know wherever you need our assistance.