- TravisPerkinsAsked on May 01, 2014 at 08:06 AM
This is so the user can see the most up to date deatils before they sumbit their form.
New Google sheets seams to have limited publishing choices and I cannot get specific cells to show, just the whole document.
I have also tried using old google sheets but just get a 404 error, evn though when I check in the properties of the line it shows me the actual specific cells!
Any work arounds for new google sheets and/or why am i gettinga 404 message on my web page form?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 09:36 AM
Yes it is possible to just display the value of specific cells of a google spreadsheet. Here are the steps to achieve your requirement:
1. Open your google spreadsheet.
2. Click on "File" and then "Publish to the Web". Please check the screenshot below:
3. In the "Publish to Web" window, select the "Sheet" from which you want to display any particular cell and then click on the "Start Publishing" button. Please check the screenshot below:
4. Once your sheet is published, you will see the "Get a link to the published data" options enabled.
5. Select the output option as "Web page"
6. The cell number which you want to display needs to be input in the textbox.
7. Copy the spreadsheet URL. Please check the screenshot below:
If you access the URL, it will only display the value of cell number which you have mentioned above.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- TravisPerkinsAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Thank you for your response but there is none of these options on "new" Google sheets. You can only publish the entire document and not specific tabs or cells.
I managed to fix the error from "old" sheets but I work from "new" sheets due to the requirements of lookup and import ranges I use so I really need a solution for "new" sheets.
Is there a work around?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 12:33 PM
You're right. It is no longer available on the new google spreadsheet version. It looks like google has removed this feature.
A workaround I could think is to create a separate tab sheet and copy the cell values that you only want to publish from the original sheet to the second sheet using excel formula e.g. =Submissions!A1. After that, share only the 2nd sheet.
Let us know if you have further questions or if you need further clarification. Thanks!
- TravisPerkinsAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 05:14 AM
Thanks for your response but it embeds the whole sheet even if you hide tabs.
I think the only work around is to import my sections to old sheets, using =import (even though it is limited to 50 cells in the old version, so a few sheets will be needed) and publishing from there.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 07:04 AM
I believe that will be a a better option. I am unable to think of any other work around apart from importing the data to old spreadsheet and publish the required cell.
I will bookmark this thread and if I get any alternative, I will get back to you.