- RogerYelvington01Asked on May 01, 2014 at 09:50 PM
Do you know how I could find a programmer or company to create a widget I can
use in my jotform to intergrate an external signature pad?
I've attached the project posting to this message.
Let me know, thank you!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 03:28 AM
JotForm form have an e-signature widget already. You can read more about it here
It is not quite clear what it is you are looking for though.
Do you need a customize e-signature?
Can you share to us what customization it is you need. We may be able to provide you with better suggestions if you can provide more details about it.
In any case, we can also submit a feature request ticket to our support developers if the feature request have merit.
We look forward for your response.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 02, 2014 at 03:41 AMThe esignature options you have do not work with an external signature pad. Meaning that if you sign with a desktop computer, you have to use a mouse. This type of signature is not ideal.I'm referencing a topaz external signature pad, which is very popular for this solution. It plus into the desktop, and the client can sign with an electronic pen on the pad and the digital signature appears on the screen.I hope this clears up what I'm looking for thank you!Roger
- jedcadornaAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 06:35 AM
I'm not really sure if this works with an external signature pad but I'm sure this works well with Ipads, Iphone and Android phones and that would serve as your signature pad.
Let me forward and ask our 2nd level about the model and make of the signature pad you have purchase as I'm not sure because I haven't tried any external pads.
We'll notify you in this thread about this matter.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 08:08 AM
We will check the documentation for topaz signature pad and try to implement this widget for you.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 09:29 AM
We believe we can implement this widget. The only problem is that we do not have the hardware, so we will need your help with testing. If that's OK with you please hold on hiring someone on elance.
We will build the widget at no cost to you and it will be available to all users for free in our widgets gallery.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 02, 2014 at 10:44 AMFantastic- I am available all day today for testing. Please let me know what you need from me!Kind regards,Roger
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 02, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Also feel free to call me directly if needed for testing, and let me know the time frame we are looking at!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 02:20 PM
I believe that assigned developer will get in touch with you once he has any prototype. We will keep you updated.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 02, 2014 at 02:32 PM
Mike, thank you for your response.
Is there any idea of a potential time frame to expect the first prototype?
I only ask, because I am looking to actively use this at my business locations as soon as I can.
Thank you again!
- CarinaAnswered on May 02, 2014 at 03:57 PM
I can only tell you that there is already a developer assigned to this and it was prioritized as important, but I cannot give you a timeframe.
I can only say they will get in contact with you as soon as they have an update on this.
Let us know if we can be of assistance.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 03, 2014 at 02:11 PM
Thanks again for the follow up, I'll look forward to working on this with you guys!
- MacLucAnswered on May 05, 2014 at 06:45 AM
I've implemented a test widget, it's available on http://maciej.jotform.pro/sigPlus/ - please review it and let me know if it works correctly.
It should allow you to make a sign after clicking "start", reset it with "clear" and stop signing with "finish" - then it should show an image with your sign below. If anything works different than expected, throws errors etc., please let me know (attach screenshots if possible).
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 07, 2014 at 11:57 AM
It is not working, the buttons show, but the box is just a blank white screen.
What extensions or programs are needed to support this widget for use within the chrome browser?
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 07, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I've installed this:
http://www.sigpluspro.com/id/index.html (step one)
But chrome doesn't seem to recognize the plugin?
- MacLucAnswered on May 08, 2014 at 03:57 AM
Sorry, but I'm unable to help you with this issue - without the device I have no way to test this plugin. Please contact with Topaz Systems support, they should be able to solve the problem.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 08, 2014 at 07:35 PM
I've attached their email response and also spoke with them over the phone. They mentioned it was not working on their end either after doing testing and they would be happy to work with you directly to get it up and running.
Their Developer Support Contact Info:
Let me know if you need anything else, I've attached their email response for reference. Thank you!
- MacLucAnswered on May 09, 2014 at 03:11 AM
OK, I'll contact them and let you know when we make it work.
- MacLucAnswered on May 09, 2014 at 04:28 AM
Sorry, I've found a bug in my own code - please refresh page and try again.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 12, 2014 at 03:59 PM
This works great now, thank you. Please let me know how I can add this to my forms now!
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Please give an update on this if you can, thank you!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 03:41 AM
Your message has reached my colleague @MacLuc.
He will get back to you once he is available online.
- MacLucAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 04:08 AM
Nice to hear it works. I'll convert it to a widget and let you know when it's done. I suppose it will be ready today.
- MacLucAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 07:01 AM
I have published widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/sigplus - please add it to form and let us know if everything works fine. I've tested it in every way I could but without the device I can't be absolutely sure about it.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 16, 2014 at 06:29 AM
How is the widget working out for you - any difficulties so far?
Kindly let us know.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM
So far so good - I'll have more testing across multiple locations in the coming weeks. Thank you for the follow up!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Glad to hear that - We sincerely appreciate the feedback.
Please let us know if you experience any challenges.
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM
This is working on my office computer that I originally tested, and it did work at first at my other 2 business locations. However, after set up, the next day - it will no longer respond within the form.
I'm operating in google chrome with windows 7 on all devices. I've also tested the Topaz hardware and demo software and it still works on all computers. It is just not showing up within the jotform on the business locations (but still working fine at my home office).
Any ideas what can be preventing this from working all the sudden, and not showing up within the form?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 23, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Looks like the widget does not load at all - Google Chrome was recently updated - I suspect that this is what could be causing this.
Please try Using Mozilla Firefox (as long as you have the sigplus browser plugin installed).
We will run tests on our end and advice -
- RogerYelvington01Answered on May 23, 2014 at 04:34 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
I use this widget daily at the business locations within my forms. My a few reasons, Google Chrome is the only browser I can use at the businesses.When Chrome comes out with future updates - how will I make sure the widget is up-to-date at all times, so I don't have any downtime on my forms?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on May 23, 2014 at 05:53 PM
There is no other way but reporting this to us. Since this ticket is now resolved, we would appreciate if you open a new thread, whenever you need our further assistance.