- ChecMarkAsked on May 05, 2014 at 12:52 PMNow I have even more problems. For some unknown reason the “last name” field moved below the “first name” field instead of side by side.
I still have the white field background. Maybe I am trying to do something that’s not possible. I want each field to be on the #d3d3d4 background.
No answer was given to designing forms with multiple fields and a width of 980px. I need to know if this is possible.
- EliezerNAnswered on May 05, 2014 at 02:19 PM
Regarding to the issue about First and Last name fields:
Could you please let confirm if this is the form you are talking about? http://form.jotform.com/form/41237362363249
It does not have any last name field, it just has a textbox for the whole name. Did you change it? or kindly provide the URL of the correct form so that we can check and help you.
Regarding to the white background, please post your related questions in this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/371799 We will give follow up to that issue there.
- ChecMarkAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 07:11 AMThe first URL returned as Invalid.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 08:45 AM
Here's the URL: http://www.jotform.ca/form/41237362363249
It was a redirect, clicking on the link provided below the Invalid URL message takes you to the correct link:
Is that the form? Please let us know.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 09:12 AM
I think this is the form you are reffering to: http://www.jotform.ca/form/41236802378253
To have the first and last name be on the same line, do the following:
1. Add a Full name field as shown in the form builder:
2. Then delete the first two name fields:
Here is a demo of how the form would look: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41253407720951
Let us know if this helps.
- ChecMarkAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 09:17 AM
As per my original post I asked about being able to design multiple fields on a single line by setting the overall width of the form and the field widths. No one has answered me and I have to make a decision whether to contnue with FormSite or your company. I will need a number of registration forms, survey forms and contact forms, plus the ability to accept payments.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Would our form field positioning guide help? Basically, widening a form will not position two adjacent fields on the same line unless both fields have been shrunk.
Please elaborate if you need further help with this.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Exactly to which form are you referring? I just want to be sure that we're all "on the same page", so to speak.
- ChecMarkAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 01:29 PM
If I am not able to set either the form width or field widths it won't work for me. My current form on FormSite - http://fs11.formsite.com/ChecMark/form1/index.html?1399915563181 has six and seven fields on the same line.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 12, 2014 at 03:25 PM
The form width can be easily changed through the editor. Also, we can do some basic position and size adjustments. Please take a look at the following video:
More advanced styling changes available with injected CSS, so if you have any questions about this, please let us know.
- BenAnswered on January 22, 2016 at 02:02 PM
Since this is a quite old thread, I have moved your post to a new thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/753557 where we will be assisting you shortly.