What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How do I create a Work flow approval Process form?Asked by intranet.admin on May 06, 2014 at 05:26 AM
There are several threads on this, but I haven't beem able to get a working process yet. The senario I am after is:
There are 3 fields Approver A, Approver B, Approver C in the form which need to be filled for approval. The process would be:
1) Approver A fills in their field but is prevented from filling fields B & C.
2) Email is sent to approver B to fill in their field, but prevented from editing any others
3) Email is sent to approver C to fill in their field, but prevented from editing any others
Please do you have any suggestions
Unfortunately, we do not have any built in approval process / workflow feature. Though it is not possible to prevent the editing by any approver but I believe, it is possible to achieve your requirement of approval process by taking advantage of our conditional notification email feature.
The following thread should help you understand how to set you form so that submission emails are sent to approver with the edit link of form:
Do check the above threads and get back to us if you have any questions.
Thank you. I had looked at these. what I can't understand is what is to stop the user just approving the field themselves, as I assume they will see the same fields as the supervisor?
Have I missed something ?
You can hide the approval field from the user using the method indicated on this guide
The trigger to the show/hide event can be anything from:
1. A preshared approval code textbox
2. A checkbox - where each selects what section of the form they want to go to:
3. A drop-down box with predefined values like names or roles in the workflow
My suggestion would be to preshare codes with each of the members of the workflow - for each person, they would have to enter a code to proceed to their section of the form, but I have a few questions:
1. Are they allowed to view each other's sections? This workaround prevents them from even viewing a section they should not fill - but they can recieve the information that was filled on email.
2. Would you mind creating a form which comes close to what you are looking to accomplish? - we will assist in creating the conditional rules for notification, hiding and showing that will allow you to accomplish your workflow.
Looking forward to your response.
Thank you for your help. To answer your questions:
1) Approvers should not be able to view each other's codes, or edit each other's names.
Eg:Approver B should not be allowed to edit the NAME of Approver A (viewing the name would be fine, editing would be not)
2) I have set-up the form as requested.
The target process is:
1) Approver A enters their pass code (in this example the letter A)
2) The Approver Name section then appears to allow them to enter their name.
3) Approver A submits.
4) Email link goes to appover B
1) Approver B uses link to Edit the record
2) Approver B should not be able to see Approver A's Pass code!
3) Approver B enters their pass code (in this example the letter B)
3) The Approver B Name section then appears to allow them to enter their name.
4) Approver B submits.
5) Email link goes to appover C (if there is one) etc
Thank you for detailed explanation.
Your message has reached my colleague. One of us will get back to you with a demo form which is close to your requirement.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with an ETA on this but we will take it on priority and get back to you as soon as possible.
This has been a long time coming -our sincere apologies.
I took a look at the form you prepared for us to modify in the demo: http://www.jotformeu.com/form/41254837596364
There seems to be a lot more going on on the form, seems you want to trim the text from the name from the text in the passcode -
In any case, I can still proceed with a demo of the workflow based on your latest response in the principle shown in this guide
Here is a demo created with the same principle as shown in the guide: http://form.myjotform.com/form/41331668976566
You may clone this form and take a look inside
Use the following codes:
1. Jane Doe - JD001
2. John Doe - JD002
The form is not configured to send the edit links via emails yet - that can be added in later based on your response on how you want this to work.
Are we headed in the right direction?