- kajunkonflictAsked on May 06, 2014 at 05:52 PM
We are still trying to test this out and there will be people all over the world that will be ordering so we need to put the tax amount to their location and I am not sure how to go about calculating the shipping.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 06, 2014 at 09:01 PM
Could you please provide an example (or examples) of the shipping and tax for a specific country (or countries)? I think this way we'll be better able to guide you as to how to use the new shipping cost feature.
- kajunkonflictAnswered on May 07, 2014 at 12:00 AM
We will be shipping in the United States and possibly Germany along with some others I am sure. So example. Someone orders a T-shirt for $20 and wants it shipped to Germany. How am I able to calculate the shipping?
The tax is questionable. We do not have "physical presence" in any state except Louisiana. So we should only be charging tax to people that order from within the same state. Is there any way to only charge tax for those orders?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 07, 2014 at 04:24 AM
The tax feature we have currently available in our payment tool does not support the tax for different states or countries. There are three possible options for you to achieve your requirement:
1. Create two separate payment form where payment question of one form will have tax configured and the other form will not calculate tax. You can embed both the form in one form in iFrame. Check the location of your user from teh state drop down and show / hide the respective payment question. Please take a look at the following form and see if this will work for you: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41261620217948?
Please select the state as "Louisiana" and you will see that it displays the payment question with tax. Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
2. You can configure the tax in your PayPal account. The following guide should help you: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/shipping/EasyCalculateShipAndTax-outside
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 07, 2014 at 08:01 AM
Hi again kajunkonflict,
While our payment tool indeed cannot currently calculate shipping costs based on countries or states, it can be configured to calculate and display taxes in that manner. Please have a look at this clone of your form. If United States is selected in the Country dropdown of the Address field, an extra dropdown containing US states is revealed. If Louisiana is chosen there, a 4% sales tax is added to the total.
If Facebook allowed custom scripts, you could have the form function like that in this page. (If one shipping option is chosen, the other becomes de-selected.)
Do let us know your thoughts.